Ndombele (signed for Spurs)

Just watch this.

His passing definitely looks like he could play for us. What surprised me though was his dribbling. Looks nimble and able to receive the ball, turn, and accelerate up the pitch all while keeping close control.

My only question is, if Lyon activate the option to buy, wouldn't he be ineligible to be sold again in the summer? Meaning the earliest we could buy him would be Jan 2019 or summer 2019? Even though the option was agreed to last summer, the sale wouldn't be final until this summer, and I know players can't be sold twice in the same window. Or am I mistaken?

Not necessarily, if he hasn't signed a term contract he's free to choose his own move under the Bosman Ruling and EU law.

Everything is agreed prior to the loan. Only an amateur club would put in an option to buy in a loan contract without already agreeing all terms.

What kind of option is it when the buy option is contingent on agreeing terms with the player. It rarely works like that. Makes zero sense.

You think Morata had to agree terms with Real Madrid when they bought him back from Juve?? Of course not because if it was up to him he would of rejected whatever terms offered and stayed at Juve. You think Shaw agreed terms before rags executed the option to extend his contract, of course he didn’t because he would of rejected whatever terms offered and left on a free.

Same logic here.

Everything is agreed prior to the loan. Only an amateur club would put in an option to buy in a loan contract without already agreeing all terms.

What kind of option is it when the buy option is contingent on agreeing terms with the player. It rarely works like that. Makes zero sense.

You think Morata had to agree terms with Real Madrid when they bought him back from Juve?? Of course not because if it was up to him he would of rejected whatever terms offered and stayed at Juve. You think Shaw agreed terms before rags executed the option to extend his contract, of course he didn’t because he would of rejected whatever terms offered and left on a free.

Same logic here.
An option for an additional year is completely different to turning a fixed period loan into a permanent deal. If a permanent transfer was agreed at the start of the loan period, it wouldn't be a loan, which is why UEFA are looking at the obligation to buy deals.

An option for an additional year is completely different to turning a fixed period loan into a permanent deal. If a permanent transfer was agreed at the start of the loan period, it wouldn't be a loan, which is why UEFA are looking at the obligation to buy deals.

So you missed the point. I’m struggling to make it any more simple for you sorry.

So you missed the point. I’m struggling to make it any more simple for you sorry.
Don't worry about making it simple mate, I have to check against contracts every day of the week and understand full well how both employment contracts and commercial deals work.

If your job is bringing the ball out, how do you do it without leaving space behind you?
Lol. Sometimes the static manner of our descriptions here often befuddles me. The "leaves space behind" weakness is not a real thing.

Last edited:

don't worry about him. you are right. those terms are agreed on beforehand. player can't "back out" if lyon decide to pay the fee, which they will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.