Ndombele (signed for Spurs)

don't worry about him. you are right. those terms are agreed on beforehand. player can't "back out" if lyon decide to pay the fee, which they will.

Exactly mate. Lyon will certainly pay it and then likely sell for a quick profit.

If we are so impressed with this guy, I don't understand why we weren't in for him a year ago rather than waiting til we have to fight for him.

Seeing as we have more connections to scouts than Baden Fucking Powell.

Its actually a strategic transfer policy, since our scouts gained the ability to see into the future back in 2014 they've decided we shouldn't buy every new wonderkid we identify until they have had a breakout season, otherwise it would just be unfair.

Honestly mate, what a stupid thing to say. Obviously we didn't rate him last summer and now we do. Even bloody Amiens didn't rate him above 8 million quid.

Its actually a strategic transfer policy, since our scouts gained the ability to see into the future back in 2014 they've decided we shouldn't buy every new wonderkid we identify until they have had a breakout season, otherwise it would just be unfair.

Honestly mate, what a stupid thing to say. Obviously we didn't rate him last summer and now we do. Even bloody Amiens didn't rate him above 8 million quid.

So we're not as good at juging the potential of young players as people keep telling me then & can't actually tell if a player will make it or not when he's playing for the youth team & don't actually know how a player can improve until he is actually given a shot for a while.

Exactly as I've been arguing on here for about ten years.

Cheers

So we're not as good at juging the potential of young players as people keep telling me then & can't actually tell if a player will make it or not when he's playing for the youth team & don't actually know how a player can improve until he is actually given a shot for a while.

Exactly as I've been arguing on here for about ten years.

Cheers

who can?

Nobody.

If there was a coach/scout who could look at young players & 'know' which would make it & which wouldn't, they would be worth more than Messi & Ronaldo put together.

All they do is spot the raw talent & try to coach it. Then a lot of different factors decide whether the player advances.

I'm guessing if this guy had been on loan at Oldham, we wouldn't be discussing him. Luckily for him, he found the loan which suited him & got game time in a team which allowed his ability to show through.

Douglas Luiz.

Well its part the wrong club at the wrong time, but also down to him. You can be as talented as you like, you still need to want it.

Like moreno, you have to take the opportunity or you'll end up on half a dozen loans and failing. I dont know how many opportunities or chances city are meant to give these youngsters before people get off their back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.