Nearly 5 years on - how do you feel about the new badge?

For me personally, it is the worst looking badge of all premier league clubs, it looks dreadfully archaic with no classic look about it. it's the circle part that's wrong in my opinion, either shield on its own would look much better, this way it looks like a badge of one of those Eastern European clubs formed after WWII.

I think the new badge is very nice in it's simplicity. Too many badges now try to stand out and have a lot going on. It's a refreshed modern take of our old badge and I personally love it. The 3 stars jokes about the eagle badge always got on my tits. I mean what did they actually represent? Lol
And that fucking logo, proellia Instagram photo!
They'd have been better inserting "sort'd innit like"

The new badge was revealed in late 2015 and the time feels like it has flown by since then!

Personally I was never a fan of the badge introduced in 1997 and despite it being worn during some iconic moments for the club, it just never felt like the ‘real’ Manchester City badge to me.

This meant I was hugely in favour of a new badge which took inspiration from the round efforts which came before. Despite this, I wasn’t actually hugely impressed by the new badge when I first saw it and felt that I’d seen a few better efforts on here.

Over the last few years it has really grown on me though. Seeing it last year on the 125th anniversary merchandise especially made it look like the ‘proper’ Manchester City badge and truth is, I actually really like it now.

E3-B03-FC4-2473-4-B7-B-8342-5-CAEE241-F9-C7.jpg

moz-2.jpg

manchester-city-125th-anniversary-kit%2B%25282%2529.jpg
It pissed all over the yellow chicken deep throating a banana with the three silly stars. That was a bobbins badge.

The Duke of Lancaster rose does get on my nerves because Manchester hasn’t been in Lancashire for nearly half a century now (and even when it was, what did any of Lancashire outside Lancaster have to do with the Duke of Lancaster’s family emblem and stately home?), but the badge in general is so much better than that daft last one we had.

For me personally, it is the worst looking badge of all premier league clubs, it looks dreadfully archaic with no classic look about it. it's the circle part that's wrong in my opinion, either shield on its own would look much better, this way it looks like a badge of one of those Eastern European clubs formed after WWII.

Some of those Eastern European badges are great, no slick design company had anything to do with them, for the most part I love them.

1600595394248.png1600595472719.png1600595534142.png

My only criticism of our badge is not a lack of style, but a lack of humour....

5b9611c3e072b965246008446b7eef22.jpg
arizona-pricks-290w-x-307h.png
4XWSza0zc1qtBFKzUPGMAhY1ymgfGLDTk4O-ygDG7CNh-7DRFxWIvtD7FM_UsnJGtJcEAA51cRdoo8tb5anbbca38Fwt7u6A1SEMxyOZVrxd1hcdkf_ZODk
club-deportivo-moron-funny-football-names_display_image.jpg

Last edited:
It pissed all over the yellow chicken deep throating a banana with the three silly stars. That was a bobbins badge.

The Duke of Lancaster rose does get on my nerves because Manchester hasn’t been in Lancashire for nearly half a century now (and even when it was, what did any of Lancashire outside Lancaster have to do with the Duke of Lancaster’s family emblem and stately home?), but the badge in general is so much better than that daft last one we had.

I agree....

these-simpsons-premier-league-football-badges-are-works-of-art-9-1556670309-Lc2r-column-width-inline.jpg

No offence mate but that’s just bollocks.

I local government neither Blackburn or Blackpool are in Lancashire these days either. and Blackburn has a stronger bee connection:
blackburn-coat-arms.jpg
372193_a958e3b6.jpg

I know Manchester had those statutes recently an have has a bee on the bins, but it was cow statues 16 years ago and they were better :)
Huh? I'm in Blackpool and definitely live in Lancashire

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.