Nedum Onuoha the pundit

Nedum’s punditry career has made great strides in the last year with regular work on BBC Manchester, Radio 5 Live as well as guest spots on other outlets.
He’s launched his own excellent Podcast series too.

I hope and expect that he will have a good career in football analysis if he wants it.

Nedum’s punditry career has made great strides in the last year with regular work on BBC Manchester, Radio 5 Live as well as guest spots on other outlets.
He’s launched his own excellent Podcast series too.

I hope and expect that he will have a good career in football analysis if he wants it.

He's been a revaluation, sounds some calm when speaking

It turns out that intelligent articulate people who have a solid understanding of football make good pundits. Who knew?

Yet the mainstream broadcasters insist on employing complete morons.

Nedum is brilliant.

While I totally agree with your post, I also believe it may mean Nedum has no place at the top table of pundits.He is too skilled and intelligent to be wasted there anyway.
I would so much prefer Mr Onouha to be employed by MCFC in a meaningful role, on the business, commercial, side or maybe within the wider CFG.

Last edited:
While I totally agree with your post, I also believe it may mean Nedum has no place at the top table of pundits.He is to skilled and intelligent to be wasted there anyway.
I would so much prefer Mr Onouha to be employed by MCFC in a meaningful role, on the business, commercial, side or maybe within the wider CFG.
That is a great shout. He would be a real asset around the place and would be a fantastic role model for the young players

I'm a fully paid up member of the Nedum fanclub for all the reasons outlined in the recent posts. I actually listen to his Radio5 stuff on catch-up or pods when he pops up and likewise with ESPN and his City stuff.
He's already signed up for 30 weeks on Sundays with Radio 5 for the coming season. His role with ESPN will get bigger as well and he spent his summer in the States for their coverage of the Euros. Also, he's the first footballer to have a consultant role at the Athletic.

He's said many times he's not keen on the Sky/BT studio format where he has a producer in his earpiece and he has to provide an opinion/soundbite in 20 seconds,,,rather he wants the longer conversational format.. great example of that is in his pod today with Steve McClaren...I've just listened and it's great and could have gone on listening all morning if it had ran on for 3 hours or more...and I don't like steve mcCaren..who does?.
Bits only of City stuff in the pod...Cityv Boro when Fowler missed the pen, the madness of James up front...and towards the end about the Sterling post-match question about justifying his place in the Croatia game..

His podcast is cracking.

A voice for radio, that’s for sure. Sends me to sleep much like David Attenborough’s commentary.

Unfortunately if you take your blue tinted glasses off there are players and managers that have played at a higher level than Nedum and are arguably more knowledgeable. I’ll get slaughtered on here for saying this but Gary Neville’s analysis on MNF is brilliant. If you’re not a City fan then realistically you’re going to want to listen to someone who has played at the top, under a great manager, with great players, than someone who played most of their career in the Championship and MLS.

Micah gets away with it because he’s fun and entertaining to watch, not for his football insight. Nedum is not deemed to be the most entertaining and until he proves otherwise he’ll easily be dismissed as one of the most knowledgeable.

To me it’s the equivalent of Burnley fans thinking Clarke Carlisle would be a great pundit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.