Nedum Onuoha the pundit

Unfortunately if you take your blue tinted glasses off there are players and managers that have played at a higher level than Nedum and are arguably more knowledgeable. I’ll get slaughtered on here for saying this but Gary Neville’s analysis on MNF is brilliant. If you’re not a City fan then realistically you’re going to want to listen to someone who has played at the top, under a great manager, with great players, than someone who played most of their career in the Championship and MLS.

Micah gets away with it because he’s fun and entertaining to watch, not for his football insight. Nedum is not deemed to be the most entertaining and until he proves otherwise he’ll easily be dismissed as one of the most knowledgeable.

To me it’s the equivalent of Burnley fans thinking Clarke Carlisle would be a great pundit.

He has more career Premier League appearances than Championship appearances but hey ho....

Do you want a list of ex Liverpool, United and Arsenal players who have or had media careers and are absolutely shit in terms of discussing football despite their careers at a higher level? It staggers me that some are fucking clueless. Nedum is better and that hasn't anything to do with blue tinted glasses.

What about the number of women (ex players or media background) who haven't played at the highest level now involved with the men's game on TV and Radio?

I get it that he won't get the main gig with Sky or BT because big name and big career (with exceptions) is a pre-requisite. Probably the most suited for that would be Vinny. The thing is anyway is that Nedum has said many times he doesn't want it anyway.

Always done a very good job when I’ve seen him on US coverage. He did some of our EURO 2020 coverage, and he was amongst the best.

Sami Khedira on the other hand…

Last edited:
Nedum Onuoha is much more preferable as a pundit to Micah he's totally unbiased compared to others out there too and gives an in depth summary, he's very articulate in his way of thinking and he hasn't really got into try hard mode unlike Gary Neville... If they threw him on Sky or BT and he actually really got into it, then it wouldn't be long till he's at the higher levels of the others... He'd become amongst the most respected and likeable pundits from the neutral view.

I also hate how it's well known people who are the pundits, if there's anything I've learned about ex footballers not many have s fucking clue what they're talking about... Nedum defo does have a good idea and presents himself well in an understanding manner, infact he'd make a good presenter/pundit but they'd never let him present.

He has more career Premier League appearances than Championship appearances but hey ho....

Do you want a list of ex Liverpool, United and Arsenal players who have or had media careers and are absolutely shit in terms of discussing football despite their careers at a higher level? It staggers me that some are fucking clueless. Nedum is better and that hasn't anything to do with blue tinted glasses.

What about the number of women (ex players or media background) who haven't played at the highest level now involved with the men's game on TV and Radio?

I get it that he won't get the main gig with Sky or BT because big name and big career (with exceptions) is a pre-requisite. Probably the most suited for that would be Vinny. The thing is anyway is that Nedum has said many times he doesn't want it anyway.
I stand by my point, he played more games in the Championship and MLS than he did in the Premier League. I would rather listen to pundits that know their stuff. Players that have played at the top will have an advantage of being more insightful and be able to draw on that knowledge and experience to make better points.

I’m not saying Nedum doesn’t know his stuff or can’t do it, but he doesn’t have the best CV for the job and therefore has a lot to do to prove himself first.

The only women pundits who spring to mind are Alex Scott and the Chelsea manager. Both have won loads in football and have been in winning dressing rooms for years. All Nedum has won in football in a bunch of coin tosses as captain for the Salt Lake Shrimps.

He may well be better than Henry or someone like that. Henry had at least played under Wenga & Pep so he had the potential to offer some insight. Do you believe Nedum would be better than Neville or even Carragher? If so what you basing than on beyond being able to string a sentence together and having played for City?

He may well go on to be a good pundit, as just having played at the top clearly doesn’t mean you know football and vice versa.

There are a lot of Nedum fan boys on here who ride his cock. People come out with crap like he would have been great under Pep. Or someone a few pages back suggesting he could have a business role at the club. Really? A billion pound company that can recruit and take their pick of highly skilled finance professionals should put Nedum in a business role.

Anyway, I’m off before those Nedum fan boys come after me.

Micah>Nedum.

I stand by my point, he played more games in the Championship and MLS than he did in the Premier League. I would rather listen to pundits that know their stuff. Players that have played at the top will have an advantage of being more insightful and be able to draw on that knowledge and experience to make better points.

I’m not saying Nedum doesn’t know his stuff or can’t do it, but he doesn’t have the best CV for the job and therefore has a lot to do to prove himself first.

The only women pundits who spring to mind are Alex Scott and the Chelsea manager. Both have won loads in football and have been in winning dressing rooms for years. All Nedum has won in football in a bunch of coin tosses as captain for the Salt Lake Shrimps.

He may well be better than Henry or someone like that. Henry had at least played under Wenga & Pep so he had the potential to offer some insight. Do you believe Nedum would be better than Neville or even Carragher? If so what you basing than on beyond being able to string a sentence together and having played for City?

He may well go on to be a good pundit, as just having played at the top clearly doesn’t mean you know football and vice versa.

There are a lot of Nedum fan boys on here who ride his cock. People come out with crap like he would have been great under Pep. Or someone a few pages back suggesting he could have a business role at the club. Really? A billion pound company that can recruit and take their pick of highly skilled finance professionals should put Nedum in a business role.

Anyway, I’m off before those Nedum fan boys come after me.

Micah>Nedum.
Talk Sport is infested with former players like Jamie O Hara, Carlton Cole, Gabby Agbonlahor, Jermaine Beckford, Danny Mills, Darren Bent, Darren Ambrose, Perry Groves.....
And others. The majority being cockneys.
The majority being brain dead.
Nedum would wipe the floor with his insight but they don't want that. They want yes men / cheeky chappy cockney's with the token northerner / Brummy thrown in.

Unfortunately if you take your blue tinted glasses off there are players and managers that have played at a higher level than Nedum and are arguably more knowledgeable. I’ll get slaughtered on here for saying this but Gary Neville’s analysis on MNF is brilliant. If you’re not a City fan then realistically you’re going to want to listen to someone who has played at the top, under a great manager, with great players, than someone who played most of their career in the Championship and MLS.

Micah gets away with it because he’s fun and entertaining to watch, not for his football insight. Nedum is not deemed to be the most entertaining and until he proves otherwise he’ll easily be dismissed as one of the most knowledgeable.

To me it’s the equivalent of Burnley fans thinking Clarke Carlisle would be a great pundit.
Playing at the highest level does not make you have a greater knowledge of the game.

Some of the great managers/coaches played at a low level.

I will agree Neville analysis is superb but so many in the media these days are appalling with little or no knowledge and their only defence is "you did not play the game" I know better bollocks.

Nedum in these politically correct days is a breath of fresh air, great personality, humble, articulate and intelligent, he gets his work because of ability, not the colour of his skin, or who he played for.

If we had more like Nedum in the media, the world would be a lot better place.

Can't be arsed reading up but Nedum is one of the most articulate Pundits out there, his podcasts and any TV punditry are second to none.

I like Micah but compared to Nedum they are like chalk and cheese.
Nedum is silky smooth, easy on the ear and very analytical.

Whereas Micah is just noise and goes with the flow.

Both are true blues through and through though and I love and respect them both in equal amounts for What they bring to the club in their own quirky ways.

Playing at the highest level does not make you have a greater knowledge of the game.

Some of the great managers/coaches played at a low level.

I will agree Neville analysis is superb but so many in the media these days are appalling with little or no knowledge and their only defence is "you did not play the game" I know better bollocks.

Nedum in these politically correct days is a breath of fresh air, great personality, humble, articulate and intelligent, he gets his work because of ability, not the colour of his skin, or who he played for.

If we had more like Nedum in the media, the world would be a lot better place.
Playing at the highest level is not a prerequisite for having a greater knowledge of the game, but it certainly helps. I’ve watched Carragher on Monday night analyse defending set pieces, go in to detail about how Benetiz set them up and the zonal system. That’s far more interesting and insightful and Nedum wouldn’t have that same insight playing in the MLS for example.

Some of the best managers haven’t played at the highest level, but it certainly helped if they did. I’m sure Pep learnt a thing or two under Cruyff. Do you think Arteta gets the Arsenal job if he hadn’t played in the Premier League for years or worked alongside Pep and instead played for years in the Championship and MLS? Experience counts for a lot.

Like managers who haven’t played at the top, it’s the same for pundits. They can’t expect to get high profile roles until they’ve proved themselves and that is what I think Nedum needs to do. Conversely, this does means you get high profile players in pundit roles who are diabolical.

When watching him at City he never really struck me as intelligent player with a football brain as say a Fernandinho. He came across as someone who relied more on his speed and strength to get by.

He may well go on be a great pundit or do a brilliant job in a some capacity in a media type role and I hope he does. It would be good to see a blue do that. Some on here seem to think he’s already at that level. I’m offering an alternative view that he has potential, but that’s all it is for now.

Playing at the highest level is not a prerequisite for having a greater knowledge of the game, but it certainly helps. I’ve watched Carragher on Monday night analyse defending set pieces, go in to detail about how Benetiz set them up and the zonal system. That’s far more interesting and insightful and Nedum wouldn’t have that same insight playing in the MLS for example.

Some of the best managers haven’t played at the highest level, but it certainly helped if they did. I’m sure Pep learnt a thing or two under Cruyff. Do you think Arteta gets the Arsenal job if he hadn’t played in the Premier League for years or worked alongside Pep and instead played for years in the Championship and MLS? Experience counts for a lot.

Like managers who haven’t played at the top, it’s the same for pundits. They can’t expect to get high profile roles until they’ve proved themselves and that is what I think Nedum needs to do. Conversely, this does means you get high profile players in pundit roles who are diabolical.

When watching him at City he never really struck me as intelligent player with a football brain as say a Fernandinho. He came across as someone who relied more on his speed and strength to get by.

He may well go on be a great pundit or do a brilliant job in a some capacity in a media type role and I hope he does. It would be good to see a blue do that. Some on here seem to think he’s already at that level. I’m offering an alternative view that he has potential, but that’s all it is for now.
Wenger, Mourinhio, Klopp, Benitez, Naglesman, Klopp there are many.

Nedum is a class act, lovely to see the guy doing well and long may it continue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.