Nedum Onuoha the pundit

Micha's recent interview with Liniker and Shearer says everything you need to know about him.

A wasted career, and now the media clown, good luck to him but I personally find him impossible to watch or take seriously.

I’ll always have a big soft spot for Micah but his class clown routine got boring years ago.

Used to do my head in when he was all over the City YouTube channel pissing around with Chappy like a pair of six year olds when he was injured.

I’ll always have a big soft spot for Micah but his class clown routine got boring years ago.

Used to do my head in when he was all over the City YouTube channel pissing around with Chappy like a pair of six year olds when he was injured.
The story of blowing 150k on a night out in LA says everything.

Young and too much money for sure, but to even admit it a decade later , jesus wept.

And admitting that he could have handled his injuries far better takes away all sympathy for him.

Young and too much money for sure, but to even admit it a decade later , jesus wept.

And admitting that he could have handled his injuries far better takes away all sympathy for him.
Why would you criticise him for his honesty? We all make mistakes in our 20s we just don't have 100 grand to blow and a camera following us round! Top player, top blue, that's enough for me!

That clip made my toes curl it was that cringeworthy. Given the media narrative around City, why on earth did he think that was a good story to tell? I've always found Lineker fair and sensible but Shearer could barely contain his glee getting that little story out of Richards.

Isn't Richards on the City payroll as an ambassador? Surely this kind of stuff gets run through the club's PR department...

I couldn't bring myself to watch the full thing.

Why would you criticise him for his honesty? We all make mistakes in our 20s we just don't have 100 grand to blow and a camera following us round! Top player, top blue, that's enough for me!
We all do crazy things in our youth and anyone who says they did not are liars for me.

In saying that somethings you do are best forgotten and consigned to the bin, and with the case of Micha, blowing 150k on a night was one to be forgotten.

His admittance of not taking care of himself with injuries to me is appalling, Villa and their fans were slaughtered on here when they turned on Micha when he played for them or more correctly did not play for them.

When any sportsman is more interested in nights out rather that taking care of their bodies and recovering from serious injuries, I personally lose all respect and sympathy for them.

I am old enough to remember Colin Bell doing everything humanly possible to recover from a terrible injury, the same with Paul Lake, both players sacrificed everything in an attempt to play again, Micha seemingly was more interested in been a lad and getting laid and pissed.

Last edited:
And just to add to the injury prone class clown thing -

Kompany, and to an extent David Silva and Sergio were also injury prone. Never once saw them dicking around on YouTube when they should've been in recovery.

Says a lot IMO.

That clip made my toes curl it was that cringeworthy. Given the media narrative around City, why on earth did he think that was a good story to tell? I've always found Lineker fair and sensible but Shearer could barely contain his glee getting that little story out of Richards.

Isn't Richards on the City payroll as an ambassador? Surely this kind of stuff gets run through the club's PR department...

I couldn't bring myself to watch the full thing.
100% agree.

We all do crazy things in our youth and anyone who says they did not are liars for me.

In saying that somethings you do are best forgotten and consigned to the bin, and with the case of Micha, blowing 150k on a night was one to be forgotten.

His admittance of not taking care of himself with injuries to me is appalling, Villa and their fans were slaughtered on here when they turned on Micha when he played for them or more correctly did not play for them.

When any sportsman is more interested in nights out rather that taking care of their bodies and recovering from serious injuries, I personally lose all respect and sympathy for them.

I am old enough to remember Colin Bell doing everything humanly possible to recover from a terrible injury, the same with Paul Lake, both players sacrificed everything in an attempt to play again, Micha seemingly was more interested in been a lad and getting laid and pissed.
That's a fair point when you think of it from the fans point of view. I'm sure there was a bit more to it though. The mental side of being injured probably wasn't addressed back then. I remember reading that the new villa manager basically forced him to play through what would be his final injury. So bad luck /management also a factor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.