Nedum Onuoha

Didsbury Dave said:
m27 said:
For the first time in a long time yesterday this forum really did my fucking head in to the point where I just had to leave it alone for a bit.

I've defended Mancini to the hilt on here because I think there's plenty more to come from him, especially when he has himself a new midfield, a genuine target man and a couple of top class full backs. I am dismayed at the stories coming out of the camp regarding player unrest, but I do believe it exists, but I'm not going to pin all the blame on Mancini because it's my opinion that the players have to shoulder just as much as the blame for being backbiting, sniping little bitches.

Notwithstanding this, I can take the opinions of Prestwich_Blue, Didsbury Dave and Billy on board and try and argue my case against them. Some of the shit on here yesterday was embarrasing though, and I actually think the above three did well not to lose their rag completely because I would have just told the worst offenders to fuck off to be honest.

Also, regarding 'ITKs'; why the fuck is it so incomprehensible to some people that there are certain people who post on here that do have genuine insider knowledge at the club? Is it jealousy? Personally, I like to hear these little snippets, but I don't go getting a tattoo of a certain player if I am told he is joining, I take it wth a pinch of salt and then watch with intrigue to see if it comes off. What's the problem? Do you honestly think they are making it up? It may not come off but that doesn't mean it wasn't in the offing, things change quickly in football and that's why I would never post anything I hear from sources, so fair play to those that do.

We also know that certain posters are friendly with certain City players. Now their views are always going to be a little bit blinkered by the frame of mind of a particular player. If that player is reported to be unhappy then it doesn't necessarily mean the whole squad is unhappy, but it does make for decent debate.

My personal favourite over the last week or so was Tolmie getting sarcastic stick on the Transfer Forum - what the fuck are you on the Transfer Forum for lads if you don't want to hear titbits from people who might know a few things? If you want concrete news then just log-off from here and go and sit in front of the OS all day.

Rant over.

WHat a good post, and thanks for the comments, m27.

Some of you need to read it and fucking learn something.

This is coming from a man who I continually disagree with about the team and the manager. Yet we have good debate and never resort to mudslinging. He uses facts and rational agrument to put his points across, and we regularly agree to disagree.

I have regularly felt like telling the likes of ST Coleridge and Immaculate Pasta to fuck off, with their know-nothing teenage opinions and playground fucking insults. "Bummer"? Fucking "pwned"? IF I wanted discussion at that level I'd go to my mate's house and play playstation with his lads.

But I actually believe, as your post illustrates, that the bright ones on the forum can see for themselves what is happening. With regards to Tolmie, I'm not even surprised he's had the piss taken out of him. If I were him I'd knock it on the head on here and go back to PMs like he used to. IF they met him face to face they'd sit mute behind their spots and replica shirts.

I'm going to give it a rest for a few days I think, too. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Fuck it, it's only a forum...

The problem as I see it is the three of you have nothing positive to say, ever. and this pisses people off. You constantly regurgitate the same line again and again. Player unrest, Mancini is/was a temp. I don't post very often but I read a lot of threads and you hijack loads with the same thing. Someone suggested you three have your own thread I think it's a great idea as you could slap each others back in private and leave everyone else alone. What really make me laugh is how sensitive you get to any critique. Your happy to sell your story without substatiation but cry like kids when people question your story or motives.

It is only a forum. If you cant take the heat stop provoking it with all your negativity. Player unrest? Ned and SI can't make it into the first team cause they're not good enough at the moment. Mancini a temp manager, err no evidence of that. He's as temporary as any other. If results go bad he will be sacked as would any other.

robbieh said:
ST Coleridge said:
Oh, please. Dave, I've tried to be constructive, but your continuously patronising approach (and self proclaimed status as an authority on all things football) makes you a terribly frustrating character to deal with.

In this instance, you took the Ned interview and beat Mancini with it, without any sense of objectivity. It was another opportunity for comments along the lines of 'Mancini is a poor man manager, and it scares me to death'.

Whatever. You never back up any of your negative assertions, and you ignore the posts of others if they don't suit your viewpoint.

As for childish? How about the claim that your dad 'hasn't been sure about Mancini for ages' (he's been here six months), an opinion you lend weight to with the fact that your dad 'is very knowledgeable about football'.

For all that, I was petty yesterday, and offer a genuine apology to you. I shall never again enter into a Mancini-based discussion with you, as it seems we are at quite polar extremes. Apologies to anyone else that took offence.

Personally I don't think you needed to apologise mate. I've trawled through yesterdays posts on here and there is very little that can be construed as offensive. It seems that what they refer to as abuse is actually disagreement and they find it hard to deal with.

Over the course of the last three months there has been plenty of banter re Mancini on here and I think very few have overstepped the mark.
It's not just me who thinks the cabal members pull out the victim card a little easily then.

alfienoakes said:
What really make me laugh is how sensitive you get to any critique. Your happy to sell your story without substatiation but cry like kids when people question your story or motives.

Didn't want to post again, but this is exactly what irks me - nonsense is reported as gospel, which Dave then refuses to substantiate in any way.

Dave - Lots of the players dislike Mancini, and I've heard this first-hand, not from the papers. It's a potentially mutinous situation, and it scares me to death.

Everyone else - Really Dave, can you back this up?

Dave - (Ignoring question) Ugh, is it half-term already? I'm sick of these sniping tubthumpers. You're all children, and (unlike me and my dad) know nothing about football. Run along now.

I love it when people post stuff that is so deliciously & unwittingly ironic and they can't see it

alfienoakes said:
The problem as I see it is the three of you have nothing positive to say, ever.

alfienoakes said:
Ned and SI can't make it into the first team cause they're not good enough at the moment.

You're right. It's only a forum where someone else's opinion might not match yours. In fact it might fundamentally disagree from yours. People like to stir the pot and wind people up. I love it but if you can't bear it, take up knitting.

Prestwich_Blue said:
I love it when people post stuff that is so deliciously & unwittingly ironic and they can't see it

alfienoakes said:
The problem as I see it is the three of you have nothing positive to say, ever.

alfienoakes said:
Ned and SI can't make it into the first team cause they're not good enough at the moment.

You're right. It's only a forum where someone else's opinion might not match yours. In fact it might fundamentally disagree from yours. People like to stir the pot and wind people up. I love it but if you can't bear it, take up knitting.

Thats not ironic. For it to be ironic it would have to be a negative view. The point that Ned and SI are moaning because they can't make it into the first team is a positive point with regards to the club. If they were regulars in the first team and still complaining then it would be negative.

The irony is you took a positive point and spun it to be negative.

alfienoakes said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Thats not ironic. For it to be ironic it would have to be a negative view. The point that Ned and SI are moaning because they can't make it into the first team is a positive point with regards to the club. If they were regulars in the first team and still complaining then it would be negative.

No - I'm not spinning anything because you said they weren't good enough. It wasn't hedged with if's, but's and maybe's; it was a bald statement.

i think Stevie and Ned ARE good enough and we saw that from Stevie last season. Ned's not had enough of a run for anyone to pronounce that he's not good enough. So your post was hardly the most positive was it?

Have you read 1984? In that book, the ruling clique manipulated the news so that yesterday's ally was today's deadly enemy (and vice versa). It's interested me to see on this thread (and others) how when Elano had his spat with Hughes, a lot of people blamed Hughes for that, saying he couldn't handle players with ego's etc. They did that because it suited their agenda, which was that they didn't like Hughes as a manager, depsite the many patchy performances Elano put in among the occasional gems.

Now Onuoha and Ireland have criticised the manager (one directly and one by implication) and people are saying "They're not good enough anyway" when the evidence doesn't really support that.

Prestwich_Blue said:
alfienoakes said:

No - I'm not spinning anything because you said they weren't good enough. It wasn't hedged with if's, but's and maybe's; it was a bald statement.

i think Stevie and Ned ARE good enough and we saw that from Stevie last season. Ned's not had enough of a run for anyone to pronounce that he's not good enough. So your post was hardly the most positive was it?

Have you read 1984? In that book, the ruling clique manipulated the news so that yesterday's ally was today's deadly enemy (and vice versa). It's interested me to see on this thread (and others) how when Elano had his spat with Hughes, a lot of people blamed Hughes for that, saying he couldn't handle players with ego's etc. They did that because it suited their agenda, which was that they didn't like Hughes as a manager, depsite the many patchy performances Elano put in among the occasional gems.

Now Onuoha and Ireland have criticised the manager (one directly and one by implication) and people are saying "They're not good enough anyway" when the evidence doesn't really support that.

If we're going to be pedantic I said not good enough at the moment. In SIs case it's due to loss of form. In Ned's case it's because he hasn't yet developed into the best RB or second best CB. I didn't write them off completely I simply stated the truth of the situation at the end of the season. That's not negative it's factual. Unless you think Ned should play ahead of Zab/Vince/Micah/Toure(last one I might accept!!).

Your point about Hughes and Elano has some merit but I just couldn't get Hughes. So It's hard for me to be objective about that.

m27 said:
For the first time in a long time yesterday this forum really did my fucking head in to the point where I just had to leave it alone for a bit.

I've defended Mancini to the hilt on here because I think there's plenty more to come from him, especially when he has himself a new midfield, a genuine target man and a couple of top class full backs. I am dismayed at the stories coming out of the camp regarding player unrest, but I do believe it exists, but I'm not going to pin all the blame on Mancini because it's my opinion that the players have to shoulder just as much as the blame for being backbiting, sniping little bitches.

Notwithstanding this, I can take the opinions of Prestwich_Blue, Didsbury Dave and Billy on board and try and argue my case against them. Some of the shit on here yesterday was embarrasing though, and I actually think the above three did well not to lose their rag completely because I would have just told the worst offenders to fuck off to be honest.

Also, regarding 'ITKs'; why the fuck is it so incomprehensible to some people that there are certain people who post on here that do have genuine insider knowledge at the club? Is it jealousy? Personally, I like to hear these little snippets, but I don't go getting a tattoo of a certain player if I am told he is joining, I take it wth a pinch of salt and then watch with intrigue to see if it comes off. What's the problem? Do you honestly think they are making it up? It may not come off but that doesn't mean it wasn't in the offing, things change quickly in football and that's why I would never post anything I hear from sources, so fair play to those that do.

We also know that certain posters are friendly with certain City players. Now their views are always going to be a little bit blinkered by the frame of mind of a particular player. If that player is reported to be unhappy then it doesn't necessarily mean the whole squad is unhappy, but it does make for decent debate.

My personal favourite over the last week or so was Tolmie getting sarcastic stick on the Transfer Forum - what the fuck are you on the Transfer Forum for lads if you don't want to hear titbits from people who might know a few things? If you want concrete news then just log-off from here and go and sit in front of the OS all day.

Rant over.

Too positive to be a rant bud.. :)

-- Thu May 20, 2010 12:34 pm --

Didsbury Dave said:
m27 said:

Rant over.

WHat a good post, and thanks for the comments, m27.

Some of you need to read it and fucking learn something.

This is coming from a man who I continually disagree with about the team and the manager. Yet we have good debate and never resort to mudslinging. He uses facts and rational agrument to put his points across, and we regularly agree to disagree.

I have regularly felt like telling the likes of ST Coleridge and Immaculate Pasta to fuck off, with their know-nothing teenage opinions and playground fucking insults. "Bummer"? Fucking "pwned"? IF I wanted discussion at that level I'd go to my mate's house and play playstation with his lads.

But I actually believe, as your post illustrates, that the bright ones on the forum can see for themselves what is happening. With regards to Tolmie, I'm not even surprised he's had the piss taken out of him. If I were him I'd knock it on the head on here and go back to PMs like he used to. IF they met him face to face they'd sit mute behind their spots and replica shirts.

I'm going to give it a rest for a few days I think, too. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Fuck it, it's only a forum...

opposte opinions does not a lunatic make.. yoda @ starwars..<br /><br />-- Thu May 20, 2010 12:42 pm --<br /><br />
ST Coleridge said:
Didsbury Dave said:
[

I have regularly felt like telling the likes of ST Coleridge and Immaculate Pasta to fuck off, with their know-nothing teenage opinions and playground fucking insults.

Oh, please. Dave, I've tried to be constructive, but your continuously patronising approach (and self proclaimed status as an authority on all things football) makes you a terribly frustrating character to deal with.

In this instance, you took the Ned interview and beat Mancini with it, without any sense of objectivity. It was another opportunity for comments along the lines of 'Mancini is a poor man manager, and it scares me to death'.

As for childish? How about the claim that your dad 'hasn't been sure about Mancini for ages' (he's been here six months), an opinion you lend weight to with the fact that your dad 'is very knowledgeable about football'.

For all that, I was petty yesterday, and offer a genuine apology to you. I shall never again enter into a Mancini-based discussion with you, as it seems we are at quite polar extremes. Apologies to anyone else that took offence.

Good posts on here today...

Dont give up lad...this is a free forum with free opinions..whos right,everyone..
who's wrong,everyone...
At the end of the day we are all filling in the space between games..:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.