Nedum Onuoha

alfienoakes said:
If we're going to be pedantic I said not good enough at the moment. In SIs case it's due to loss of form. In Ned's case it's because he hasn't yet developed into the best RB or second best CB. I didn't write them off completely I simply stated the truth of the situation at the end of the season. That's not negative it's factual. Unless you think Ned should play ahead of Zab/Vince/Micah/Toure(last one I might accept!!).

Your point about Hughes and Elano has some merit but I just couldn't get Hughes. So It's hard for me to be objective about that.
It's nice to have a decent discussion for a change without insults. I like you.

As we're back on the subject of Ned, I think he has a decent claim to be in the side. Not overwhelming but decent. In my mind, three of the current back four pick themsleves when fit and that's Bridge, Lescott & Kompany. RB is up for grabs.

Zab is excellent defensively but not quite so good going forward whereas Ned is possibly the other way round. Micah I'm not fully convinced about. I think he's weaker than Ned defensively but he gets forward well and is physically stronger, although the end-product isn't usually there when he does go forward. If Boateng takes the RB spot then that means that we've got three players fighting for the back-up slot. I think Ned offers us more options as he can also play central defence effectively whereas Zab can't at all and Richards could but I wouldn't trust him as much as Ned. But if we're looking at a second back four we've got Toure, Richards, Sylvinho & Onuoha as the main squad players with Boyata as the youngster. In additin Lescott or Barry can play LB.

Problem is we can't keep everyone happy if they want regular first team football and that's what Ned desperately needs. We've got more opportunity with Europa League next season so I'd be either tempted to give him one more season to se if he can stay injury free and make a name for himself or else loan him out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.