Need a new blue pub (Cheadle)

Get in the Griffin, proper blue pub, Bev the landlady is a city fan. A few years ago united were playing an important european game and we were playing an end of season home game. There's about 6 rooms with tvs on and she stuck city on five of em including the main room and gave them the tiny back room. there was loads of em in there swearing at her when she come roudn to collect the pots and she just turned round and told em to f8ck off and wartch it somehwere else if they didnt like it. Top

turn right at the traffic lights facing tesco on kingsway and its 600 yards up on the left, think there is a travel lodge on the corner of the lights

If it's a pub to go to when our games are on Sky or Sultana then I would have to suggest the Kenilworth. Or there is the Printers Arms just a bit past the Queens arms towards Cheadle Heath on the right hand side, it's small, but pleasant, and you get a free scran at half time, sausages, chips, chilli, loads, it's all good. And they show ALL our games there, I go in for every away game that I don't physically go to and it's always been on!

Wouldnt bother with the Printers, the landord is an utter c0ck.

You should go in the Queens and then pop over the road at half time for the free scran!

The only thing I'd say about the Griffin is that it can get packed,so get in early if you want a seat or you'll get some really tall geezer in your way!!

The Crown in Didsbury is okay.Big screen and not uncomfortably full though it's starting to get more well known lately.

Or alternately-just go to the match!!

;-)

I'll be goin' in the kennilworth to watch it ....... has been a lot of sky rags in there though lately for their euro games.

The Griffin on Didsbury Road, Heaton Mersey, Stockport it's always full of blues and even your's truly gets in there occasionally, the Kenny is bobbins now, Cheadle Hulme has never been the same since the demise of the Junction.

black mamba said:
I'll be goin' in the kennilworth to watch it ....... has been a lot of sky rags in there though lately for their euro games.

I didn't know that you went there, my friend. I played for them for a short while [through mates] when Tommy Muir was in charge [before the George and Dragon transfer]. Legend has it that he did a voluntary second tour of Northern Ireland during the [serious] troubles [the six counties or Ulster as you prefer] with the Kingoes. However, my abiding memory of him was when he was dressed as a comedy copper at that Boxing Day Stoke away game in a beer garden attempting to roger a pantomime hourse with his plastic truncheon. A funny man. Is he still chairman of the Ancoats and Ardwick branch?

coleridge said:
black mamba said:

I didn't know that you went there, my friend. I played for them for a short while [through mates] when Tommy Muir was in charge [before the George and Dragon transfer]. Legend has it that he did a voluntary second tour of Northern Ireland during the [serious] troubles [the six counties or Ulster as you prefer] with the Kingoes. However, my abiding memory of him was when he was dressed as a comedy copper at that Boxing Day Stoke away game in a beer garden attempting to roger a pantomime hourse with his plastic truncheon. A funny man. Is he still chairman of the Ancoats and Ardwick branch?

Yeah , i live about halfway between the kennilworth and the Griffin so i'll probably go in the kenny ...... i get in quite a few pubs in Cheadle/Cheadle Hulme area over the year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.