Negredo Injury

Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
What is wrong with you people? Negredo will miss 4-5 games and you want to buy another striker? And what then? 5 strikers? Think before you press a button in your keyboard...

spot on mate the 3 we have are more than good enough
and don't forget since his shoulder injury in jan the beast was only a bit part player in the run in

of course i'd rather have him in the mix fighting for selection

Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
What is wrong with you people? Negredo will miss 4-5 games and you want to buy another striker? And what then? 5 strikers? Think before you press a button in your keyboard...

He may miss 12 weeks and then have to get match fit, after the way he "came back" from the last injury, i have concerns.

Against Newcastle Jovetic and Dzeko, against Liverpool just Aguero, against Stoke Jovetic and Guidetti, international break, Arsenal away just Aguero, Chelsea at home Jovetic and Aguero, Hull away Negredo is back.

BEST case, he's still going to miss Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Let's just pray to God Aguero can stay fit for 5 minutes. We've had a bit of bad luck with Negredo and we'll be OK as it stands, but we don't need any MORE bad luck!

Not ideal really...Only reason being is that I am concerned that if Aguero gets pushed to hard then he will break down and we will be down to Jovetic (Injury prone) and Edin. Obviously lets hope Kun stays fit but it is a concern.

Dipsis_LTU_MC said:

Your last sentence is good advice........for yourself. Someone else has helpfully posted a selection of high profile metatarsal injury recovery times, and the average seems to be 3 to 4 months. When I broke my own way back in the 80's, it was over 4 months before I could play again. If you think Negredo's only going to miss 4 or 5 games, you must be looking at a different fixture list to everyone else. Double or even treble that number would be nearer the mark. And we haven't got 4 forwards, we've got 3; Jovetic is a no.10

Calm down!

Would he really have been 1st choice to start in any of those 1st 5 games? After all, he hasn't scored a goal since the bloody roman invasion of Britain!

Aguero said he was over his injury nightmare for good at the world cup. Hopefully this is the case now and he has the best season of his life. Do you think Guidetti will go out loan or be sold?...seems to be linked with southampton.

This is where FFP becomes really problematic in my opinion. We're faced with an unexpected injury, and although i've said earlier we don't need to go back into the market, it's infuriating that even if we wanted to, we can't because of the restrictions put in place for this summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.