Negredo

ForzaMancini said:
kenzie115 said:
Great news for us, he suffered from not having his usual winter break so needs a good rest over the summer.

Disagree. Bad for a player's motivation. If he had a good World Cup he could come back happy and excited to play for us. Now though, especially if he doesn't start the first few matches, he will be feeling very agitated.

Can work both ways. With him having a rest its likely he'll have a big part to play in the first few games at least

I think Negredo has been left out at the expense of Costa, not Torres.

I don't think Costa is anywhere near fit (having lasted 8 and 12 minutes in his last two games) but there has been some 'agreement' that he'd chose to play for Spain on the guarantee that he would be picked for Brazil regardless of his latter season form.

As a result they are taking a half fit striker at the expense of several other fit strikers.

No surprise there had a shocking 2nd half of the season and I don't blame fatigue as he'd had plenty of rest but was pretty shite when he came on. Sensational first part of season though

Benarbia said:
No surprise there had a shocking 2nd half of the season and I don't blame fatigue as he'd had plenty of rest but was pretty shite when he came on. Sensational first part of season though

Agreed.

He couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo in the second half of the season. Can you imagine the media outcry if he was English and Hodgson picked him?

He'll get over it, and can have a wry smile when Spain get bombed out in the quarters.

It's quite interesting that the 'bargain' category players we bought are not going to the World Cup (Negredo, Navas and, to an extent Demichelis), whereas the one we spent big money on, Fernandinho, has finally cemented his place in the Brazil squad. Do their respective international managers just see them as too old or not quite good enough for the top level?

Sad he didn't make the cut. But then again even if he did, he wouldn't have been featured probably. Spain has the most ridiculously stacked squad.

Feel sorry for him that he din't make the final.squad,selecting torres over negredo is a bit unfair.Anyway even silva who.got the call up may not be starting.most of the.games so whatever.

noise said:
Sad he didn't make the cut. But then again even if he did, he wouldn't have been featured probably. Spain has the most ridiculously stacked squad.
The most ridiculous unbalanced squad which unless Costa recovers, will probably play 4-6-0

Lavinda Past said:
Benarbia said:

Agreed.

He couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo in the second half of the season. Can you imagine the media outcry if he was English and Hodgson picked him?

He'll get over it, and can have a wry smile when Spain get bombed out in the quarters.

Lets be even fairer.....he was average at best away from home during his 'hot streak', good quarter of a season.Not as good as Dzeko...and im not Edins greatest fan ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.