Negredo

Gabriel said:
It's quite interesting that the 'bargain' category players we bought are not going to the World Cup (Negredo, Navas and, to an extent Demichelis), whereas the one we spent big money on, Fernandinho, has finally cemented his place in the Brazil squad. Do their respective international managers just see them as too old or not quite good enough for the top level?
Demichelis is going. Isn't he??

mcfc2607 said:
Gabriel said:
It's quite interesting that the 'bargain' category players we bought are not going to the World Cup (Negredo, Navas and, to an extent Demichelis), whereas the one we spent big money on, Fernandinho, has finally cemented his place in the Brazil squad. Do their respective international managers just see them as too old or not quite good enough for the top level?
And Navas is injured isn't he?

BlueTG said:
mcfc2607 said:
Gabriel said:
Navas recovered according to his manager.

I don't think Isco made the squad. Their depth is midfield is incredible, but they have no forwards which is why it's hard to understand why they are taking Torres and Costa ahead of Negredo.

I don't think Argentina have named their final squad

Marvin said:
BlueTG said:
mcfc2607 said:

I don't think Isco made the squad. Their depth is midfield is incredible, but they have no forwards which is why it's hard to understand why they are taking Torres and Costa ahead of Negredo.

Haven't checked the squad, are they their only two forwards? Or have they taken Villa as well?

Marvin said:
BlueTG said:
mcfc2607 said:

He said Navas has recovered but he can't risk it incase he suffers a relapse.

Marvin said:
BlueTG said:
mcfc2607 said:

Costa, I can understand. Torres has been a big waste of space for three years, now. I can't help feeling that the very limited amount of playing time that Beast got after he had recovered from his injury against West Ham told against him. This is, I think, a clear case where Pellegrini's priorities were with his club. Rightly so. He couldn't allow himself the luxury of playing Negredo back into form by giving him full games to play, because time was running out for us. He went with the player who was already in form, Dzeko, and we all know that it paid off, handsomely. So what was right for City was wrong for Negredo's chances, and maybe will tell against Spain in Brazil. C'est la vie.

His loss of form and confidence is a real concern.
He did not score in nearly 4 months.
At his level and age , he cannot get away with that.

He will come back on a mission next year and we will benefit not Spain.

BlueTG said:
Marvin said:
BlueTG said:

Haven't checked the squad, are they their only two forwards? Or have they taken Villa as well?
Villa is there. Only 3 out and out centre-forwards

Torres always seems to do the biz for spain...
The less of our squad in brazil the better for us for next season. .
The beast can have a nice break, recharge the batteries and come back raring to go again..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.