Negredo

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Sounds like a tax issue?

His drop off in form is also correlated by Samuel to the time of year, January.

Spanish tax authorities have been cleaning house these last couple of years and plenty examples of players who are getting knocks at the door.

He's no Messi, won't have £50m on deposit in his bank account.
what do you mean mate.

Puteulanus luna said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Sounds like a tax issue?

Spanish tax authorities have been cleaning house these last couple of years and plenty examples of players who are getting knocks at the door.

what do you mean mate.

Was simply posing the question?

January is a big tax month in this country and his drop off in form is also cited with that time of year by Samuel.

If it is indeed a family financial issue, it has to be pretty serious for someone who was probably earning best part of £4m a year at City.

He had left Spain just months earlier, perhaps there was some sort of tax liability he still had over there?

If there was, I would have expected City to have helped him sort it if he needed cash!

It's a strange hint from Samuel, who doesn't generally deal in hints, although he has clearly been given an official off-record steer for Negredo's departure.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Puteulanus luna said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Sounds like a tax issue?

what do you mean mate.

January is a big tax month in this country and his drop off in form is also cited with that time of year by Samuel.

If it is indeed a family financial issue, it has to be pretty serious for someone who was probably earning best part of £4m a year at City.

He had left Spain just months earlier, perhaps there was some sort of tax liability he still had over there?

If there was, I would have expected City to have helped him sort it if he needed cash!

It's a strange hint from Samuel, who doesn't generally deal in hints, although he has clearly been given an official off-record steer for Negredo's departure.
Cheers

Puteulanus luna said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Puteulanus luna said:
what do you mean mate.

Cheers

Am I missing something but I don't understand why Negredo would return to Spain if he had a tax issue with the government? Also no tax issue for a multimillionaire footballer is so big it can't be paid by them! Isn't it more likely he was unsettled, or rathe this family were, and he agreed with them he would stay for season and then return to Spain if the situation hadn't got any better?

bugsyblue said:
Puteulanus luna said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Cheers

Am I missing something but I don't understand why Negredo would return to Spain if he had a tax issue with the government? Also no tax issue for a multimillionaire footballer is so big it can't be paid by them! Isn't it more likely he was unsettled, or rathe this family were, and he agreed with them he would stay for season and then return to Spain if the situation hadn't got any better?

That would seem more plausible but why would Samuel mention the financial issue? Can't imagine he just plucked it out of thin air.

bugsyblue said:
Puteulanus luna said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Cheers

Not according to Samuel, who can rely on being briefed by City when he requires it.

A family financial problem is the reason for his sale, with Pellegrini sanctioning it on compassionate grounds.

There is absolutely no reason for Samuel to make any reference to this in his column unless City needed to get it out there.

As for players and tax issues, you would be surprised. Most players might have a couple of million quid in folding, but most is tied up in assets or taken by tax or National Insurance.

All these Bentleys and Porsches you see these guys driving, you seriously think they own them?

They lease them and hand them back when something else takes their fancy.

If the tax man knocked on the door of the average Premier League footballer and demanded something like £3m in cash, they would shit themselves.

John Arne Risse used to earn £80k a week at Liverpool, didn't stop him being made bankrupt for taxes unpaid.

£150,000 a week John Terry? Was teetering on the brink until he sold the house he developed to a Qatari for £15m last summer.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
bugsyblue said:
Puteulanus luna said:

Not according to Samuel, who can rely on being briefed by City when he requires it.

A family financial problem is the reason for his sale, with Pellegrini sanctioning it on compassionate grounds.

There is absolutely no reason for Samuel to make any reference to this in his column unless City needed to get it out there.

As for players and tax issues, you would be surprised. Most players might have a couple of million quid in folding, but most is tied up in assets or taken by tax or National Insurance.

All these Bentleys and Porsches you see these guys driving, you seriously think they own them?

If the tax man knocked on the door of the average Premier League footballer and demanded something like £3m in cash, they would shit themselves.

John Arne Risse used to earn £80k a week at Liverpool, didn't stop him being made bankrupt for taxes unpaid.

£150,000 a week John Terry? Was teetering on the brink until he sold the house he developed to a Qatari for £15m last summer.

always staggered by the ineptitude of these players

the money some of these prem players are on they could put half away into savings/pension pot and still live the life we could only dream of

tonea2003 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
bugsyblue said:

always staggered by the ineptitude of these players

the money some of these prem players are on they could put half away into savings/pension pot and still live the life we could only dream of
They do put a sizable amount into pension funds but they can't get their hands on it until they are at least 35 (barring a David Busst type situation) iirc.

adrianr said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Interesting:

By lunchtime on transfer deadline day, Alvaro Negredo was bound for Valencia. A conference call between executives at Manchester City had confirmed the move, with manager Manuel Pellegrini having the final say.

Negredo had made an outstanding start to his career in the Premier League, but then his stay turned sour. It was a personal financial matter and nothing to do with football, but it meant Negredo and his wife, Clara, were no longer happy in their new country. It is even possible to spot the moment when Negredo’s dissatisfaction begins and his form falls off a cliff. He scores 26 goals up to January 21, and none after.

Pellegrini’s view was a compassionate one. He knew Negredo’s departure would leave City short up front, but felt the player was as good as lost to the club, even if he stayed. It would be kinder to let him go home. If required, Yaya Toure or David Silva could be pushed into a more forward role. Anyway, the offer from Valencia was a good one: £25million, plus add-ons. With an eye on the demands of financial fair play, this was sensible business for City.

From Martin Samuel in the Daily Fascist.

I don't suppose this was anything to do with those rumours of him rubbing up someone the wrong way in town? Or something. I don't fucking know its nearly 5am.

What rumours are these?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.