Negredo

chaddblue said:
adrianr said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Interesting:

By lunchtime on transfer deadline day, Alvaro Negredo was bound for Valencia. A conference call between executives at Manchester City had confirmed the move, with manager Manuel Pellegrini having the final say.

Negredo had made an outstanding start to his career in the Premier League, but then his stay turned sour. It was a personal financial matter and nothing to do with football, but it meant Negredo and his wife, Clara, were no longer happy in their new country. It is even possible to spot the moment when Negredo’s dissatisfaction begins and his form falls off a cliff. He scores 26 goals up to January 21, and none after.

Pellegrini’s view was a compassionate one. He knew Negredo’s departure would leave City short up front, but felt the player was as good as lost to the club, even if he stayed. It would be kinder to let him go home. If required, Yaya Toure or David Silva could be pushed into a more forward role. Anyway, the offer from Valencia was a good one: £25million, plus add-ons. With an eye on the demands of financial fair play, this was sensible business for City.

From Martin Samuel in the Daily Fascist.

I don't suppose this was anything to do with those rumours of him rubbing up someone the wrong way in town? Or something. I don't fucking know its nearly 5am.

What rumours are these?
BINGO!!!!

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/03/how-f...to-a-very-very-bad-start-at-valencia-4855181/

This is very sad. I feel really bad for him because he's a such a model professional, don't want him to be treated like that. If you look at the video from 10:30, you'll see how uncomfortable he feels from what the fans are chanting. Shame he had to leave, we will always be grateful for his contributions and won't ever give so much disrespect to any footballer. The video is in the Metro article but if some of you can't see it, here's the direct link:

http://www.vcfplay.com/club/negredo-vamos-llevar-valencia-arriba-4330.html

kas_tippler said:
Nowt to do with money, 'family issues' was the real reason.

Yes - that was my understanding.

However, in the paper this morning it said Negredo had penned an emotional letter to fans:

"Goodbye to a magnificent club, I thank them for making me a better player and making my family feel at home. City will remain in my heart etc. etc."

Sounds like BS to me, why don't players realise, it rains in Manchester! - but it is still the best place on earth.

(CTID)

nixmith2 said:
kas_tippler said:
However, in the paper this morning it said Negredo had penned an emotional letter to fans:
"Goodbye to a magnificent club, I thank them for making me a better player and making my family feel at home. City will remain in my heart etc. etc."
Sounds like BS to me, why don't players realise, it rains in Manchester! - but it is still the best place on earth.
(CTID)
you'd both better have a word with the club officials who had a word with Martin Samuel then - "personal financial matter" was the phrase used which most think refers to an unexpected tax demand

kas_tippler said:
chaddblue said:
adrianr said:
I don't suppose this was anything to do with those rumours of him rubbing up someone the wrong way in town? Or something. I don't fucking know its nearly 5am.

What rumours are these?
BINGO!!!!

He rubbed somebody up the wrong way at Bingo? No wonder he had to leave

10620259_765958180133320_2251900040967206408_o.png

George Hannah said:
nixmith2 said:
kas_tippler said:
(CTID)
you'd both better have a word with the club officials who had a word with Martin Samuel then - "personal financial matter" was the phrase used which most think refers to an unexpected tax demand

Doubt the club official would say hes been banging some tart behind his wifes back.

Just to clarify - I know nothing about whether the above is true or not but that seems to be the type of thing people on here have been hinting at for a while

George Hannah said:
nixmith2 said:
kas_tippler said:
(CTID)
Not privy to conversations between club officials and journalists like your good self. All I know is that there was some 'shaninigans'' going on

The Fat el Hombre said:
George Hannah said:
nixmith2 said:
(CTID)

Doubt the club official would say hes been banging some tart behind his wifes back.

Just to clarify - I know nothing about whether the above is true or not but that seems to be the type of thing people on here have been hinting at for a while
I think your getting warmer with that one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.