Negredo

I was very sorry to see Negrado leave for Valencia and that garbage about him not kissing the badge is a load of crap. I understand the business side of things when City was offered 24 million pounds for an injured 29-year-old but I really like his direct play and the way he linked up well with Sergio. I do hope he has a successful time at Valencia and their stupid fans.

This is the first time since 2008 that we have purposely weakened our squad and I'm not sure why. To me, this is one of those ones that will come back to haunt us given a long European season.

The possibility that Aguero and Jovetic will both get injured at the same time is realistic given their recent injury records and this would leave us overplaying one striker. A little worried about this one, I understand that we need to move people on for the purposes of bringing through young players but this has just left a big hole in our squad and none of our young players are even close to ready to filling it.

A confusing move from Txiki.

Damocles said:
This is the first time since 2008 that we have purposely weakened our squad and I'm not sure why. To me, this is one of those ones that will come back to haunt us given a long European season.

The possibility that Aguero and Jovetic will both get injured at the same time is realistic given their recent injury records and this would leave us overplaying one striker. A little worried about this one, I understand that we need to move people on for the purposes of bringing through young players but this has just left a big hole in our squad and none of our young players are even close to ready to filling it.

We could always push yaya up behind the striker, we've done it before n it's worked a treat....
We'll be fine pal, don't worry...

Damocles said:

Maybe he just left for the happiness of his marriage. It's understood that his wife was hardly enamoured with England.

Damocles said:

Totally agree, unless there is a plan in January to bring someone in. As I said in another thread, we haven't made a big name signing since txiki has arrived. I understand that it isn't all about getting "big" names but I certainly feel like he is trying to find bargains while the rest of our rivals are bringing in true quality. Just look who Real Madrid, barca, Chelsea have all signed in the past couple of seasons. To me it looks like FFP is really hampering our activity.

Damocles said:

How many times must it be explained that Negredo wanted to leave? He was out until November, miserable in England and wanted to go back to Spain. Keeping him would have done just as much damage.

We've just managed to get £25m for an injured want-away striker. It might have weakened the squad but Pellegrini & Txiki know exactly what they're doing. The likelihood is that we'll be switching to 4-3-3 anyway, which gives lots of adequate rest time for Aguero and Jovetic in the future.

We still have the best squad in the league.

davymcfc said:
Damocles said:

Totally agree, unless there is a plan in January to bring someone in. As I said in another thread, we haven't made a big name signing since txiki has arrived. I understand that it isn't all about getting "big" names but I certainly feel like he is trying to find bargains while the rest of our rivals are bringing in true quality. Just look who Real Madrid, barca, Chelsea have all signed in the past couple of seasons. To me it looks like FFP is really hampering our activity.
No "marquee" signings but still managed to win more domestic trophies than any other side in Europe last season.

mancunial said:
This is where we need a proper medical team, it could make or break our season

We've needed one for a while.

Some of our players past and present should have come with a health warning.

Back to Negredo I wish the lad all the best for the future but don't see sense in not replacing him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.