Negredo

Pigeonho said:
CAPTAINKIPPAX said:
I'm really pissed off that he was even risked last night it was an avoidable injury IMO last night was an ideal opportunity for Pell to rest the beast he's been an absolute rock for the team in the last 2 months just hope its inflammation and bruising and he'll be back for the big stuff coming up. Good job we've got the strength in depth to cope.
More so Kun for me, though in the end it was more of a case of worrying about him getting sent off or injured through retaliation. Definitely saw the red mist a bit last night.

The fact that they feel so passionate about winning a tie already won speaks volumes about the ruthless mentality instilled in the squad by Pell - EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY MATCH MATTERS TO THEM ! ................... THAT'S A CITY PLAYER !!!!!!!

I don't want anyone to misconstrue my concern for spurs and Chelsea as a lack of belief on dzeko . I like and rate dzeko and have no problem whatsoever with him being in the side. But for the biggest games, the ones where we come under some pressure, negredo's ability to hold the ball up is really important. It gives is an outlet from the back and allows us to retain posession and bring the playmakers into the game.It was a big reason we lost at home to bayern: unless dzeko is bang on his game he doesn't do that well.

Didsbury Dave said:
I don't want anyone to misconstrue my concern for spurs and Chelsea as a lack of belief on dzeko . I like and rate dzeko and have no problem whatsoever with him being in the side. But for the biggest games, the ones where we come under some pressure, negredo's ability to hold the ball up is really important. It gives is an outlet from the back and allows us to retain posession and bring the playmakers into the game.It was a big reason we lost at home to bayern: unless dzeko is bang on his game he doesn't do that well.

And lets be honest opposition defences are sh*t scared of the beast because he can do everything. He will beat you in the air, on the floor, he will out muscle you and he will look to get in behind you.

For me he is the complete forward and up there with the best at the moment.

Pigeonho said:
bugsyblue said:
Pigeonho said:
More so Kun for me, though in the end it was more of a case of worrying about him getting sent off or injured through retaliation. Definitely saw the red mist a bit last night.

And you don't think it was a good opportunity to give Aguero playing time, since he's been out for 5 weeks, and also to partner him up again with Negredo who he's not played with since he came back? Dzeko will presumably start on Saturday and Jovetic hasn't kicked a ball since November so we had to start with at leafs one of Aguero or Negredo.

I think Pellers managed it well, just a shame Negredo picked up a small injury.
Which is the other side of looking at it. When he went in twice, 2-footed I just thought 'fuck, he's going to get clattered for that'. He was within 5 minutes but rode it off. You're right, it was a good opportunity, it just got the old BP up when he went in like that. Been looking forward to his return since he went out. Just glad he's going to be fit for Spurs, a game i'm relishing more each day.

I couldn't believe Sergio did that and risked a sending off. He'd have been suspended for wembley and that would have been a problem: he runs united's centre half ragged when he plays them. Ferdinand will be waking up with cold sweats thinking of Sergio running at him in the box.

Remember that cocky ferdinand tweet the morning of the FA cup semi? 'I feel like a kid on Christmas morning'. He will feel like a kid on the morning of his exams this time.

Didsbury Dave said:
Hopefully he'll surprise us and score 4 again :)

Didsbury Dave said:
Pigeonho said:
bugsyblue said:
And you don't think it was a good opportunity to give Aguero playing time, since he's been out for 5 weeks, and also to partner him up again with Negredo who he's not played with since he came back? Dzeko will presumably start on Saturday and Jovetic hasn't kicked a ball since November so we had to start with at leafs one of Aguero or Negredo.

Which is the other side of looking at it. When he went in twice, 2-footed I just thought 'fuck, he's going to get clattered for that'. He was within 5 minutes but rode it off. You're right, it was a good opportunity, it just got the old BP up when he went in like that. Been looking forward to his return since he went out. Just glad he's going to be fit for Spurs, a game i'm relishing more each day.

I couldn't believe Sergio did that and risked a sending off. He'd have been suspended for wembley and that would have been a problem: he runs united's centre half ragged when he plays them. Ferdinand will be waking up with cold sweats thinking of Sergio running at him in the box.

Remember that cocky ferdinand tweet the morning of the FA cup semi? 'I feel like a kid on Christmas morning'. He will feel like a kid on the morning of his exams this time.
He does it once every so often, but the thing with him is his face doesn't change so you don't see the anger building up, he just snaps and does the odd silly thing with no warning. He was very lucky to stay on considering where Foy was.

Didsbury Dave said:
Pigeonho said:
bugsyblue said:

Don't think he would have missed the CC final? Surely if its a domestic trophy that he got sent off in then he would have missed Watford, Spurs and Chelsea?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.