Negredo

blue_sonic176 said:
Would really prefer him starting over Dzeko against the Saints. His work rate will be especially useful against them.

Nobody is arguing re his January form, but as olddirty said, he really needs to earn his nickname back, as right now, he is meowing, rather than roaring. And how do you know with certainity whether his anal tear from that vicious kick has healed successfully.

Give Negredo at least 30 minutes against Soton, and start him against Liverpool.

To me he just looked like he needed a rest. The combination of his all-effort style, his first season in England with no winter break and the injuries to Aguero and Jovetic meaning he's played more than planned have put a lot of strain on him and it started to show. He's had a bit of time out while Dzeko has held the fort. 30 mins against Southampton then unleash him at Anfield.

I heard a rumour that it wasn't a shoulder injury, but the impact somehow caused a bad twist in his back. This would explain the slow return to form and considerably lack of movement.

Fingers crossed he's good to go now.

markbmcfc said:
I'd start Negredo & Jovetic, think they would suit each other

Based on what? If it's something you would like to see, as it could possibly work, it's another matter. But do you really want to risk it in a game that could determine who wins the title? Or do you think that Aguero/Dzeko could still salvage it even if City is 1-2 goals down?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.