Neil Young 2nd Anniversary

tueartsboots

London Blue link. Wythenshawe born and bred. Blueb
Hi all,
Received this email via the SC earlier from Alex Channon.

Hi guys could you publicise something along the lines of the following via your various outlets to supporters. February 3rd 2013 marks exactly 2 years since the passing of City legend, Neil Young. City play Liverpool on that date with a 4-00pm KO. Neil's widow, Carmen Young, has been in touch with me to say she will be at the Etihad at 3-00pm prior to the game to lay some flowers at the Garden of Remembrance in memory of Neil. Carmen extends an invitation to any supporters who may wish to join her at the Garden of Remembrance at the laying of flowers. Supporters are also welcome to bring tributes to Nelly if they wish to. I'm please to announce that Carmen is now coming to terms of her much beloved husband Neil and will be pleased to see supporters attend.

Many thanks to tueartsboots for posting my email to the SC.

The last sentence should read; 'I'm pleased to announce that Carmen is now coming to terms WITH THE LOSS of her much loved husband Neil and will be pleased to see supporters attend.'

I'll be at the Garden of Remembrance this coming Sunday at 3-00pm and hopefully Carmen will see a few Bluemooners there. No need to be shy about speaking to Carmen, she enjoys talking to supporters.

Kind regards to all and RIP Nelly

1.618034 said:
Red & Black scarves...?

Carmen would welcome supporters whatever colours they have but Black & Red scarves would obviously be especially welcome, I'll be wearing mine.

There are a couple of Italian Blues coming over for the game. They tell me they will be at the Garden of Remembrance on Sunday at 3-00pm which I think is a very nice gesture.

Stretford Born Blue said:
Maybe a minutes applause on 10 minutes into the game would go down well.?

I think this is a great idea. I've also received an email with the same suggestion. I've passed the suggestion onto the club and further suggested that they put up a picture of Neil Young on the big screens 10 minutes into the game, (10 was Nelly's number for those who maybe wondering why 10 minutes.)

If people reading this could pass on the 1 minutes applause 10 minutes into the game on various sites it would be greatly appreciated.

I'll pass on the suggestion to the SC, MEN, Radio Manchester etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.