Neil Young 2nd Anniversary

Alex the Blue said:
Stretford Born Blue said:
Maybe a minutes applause on 10 minutes into the game would go down well.?

I think this is a great idea. I've also received an email with the same suggestion. I've passed the suggestion onto the club and further suggested that they put up a picture of Neil Young on the big screens 10 minutes into the game, (10 was Nelly's number for those who maybe wondering why 10 minutes.)

If people reading this could pass on the 1 minutes applause 10 minutes into the game on various sites it would be greatly appreciated.

I'll pass on the suggestion to the SC, MEN, Radio Manchester etc.

Absolutely has to happen. Good luck Alex, I think that the club will do this...

We will do our utmost to be at the Garden of Remembrance at 3:00 on Sunday and we will be wearing our black and red scarves and our 2011/12 away shirts as a mark of respect to Neil.

Display pics along the advertising screen banner/pitchside or scoreboard like, after 10 mins:

200px-NeilYoungFootballer.jpg

It has been said that the "Bell, Lee and Summerbee" partnership / DVD should have been "Bell, Lee, Summerbee and Young" and that's good enough for me.

It would be a really nice touch if the applause on ten minutes comes off.

RIP Nelly

It still irks me that the club didn't do more when he fell on hard times.I never forget the shot of him working as a milkman at some ungodly hour.In spite of lots of requests for a testimonial it never happened.

R.I.P Neil.

Where does it stop though lads

I defer to nobody in my respect and affection for City legends who've passed away but for me repeating tributes time and time again dilutes the emotion and verges into Liverpool "let's have a vigil" territory.

I think the motive behind a lot of this stuff is "let's show other clubs what great fans we are at City" rather than genuine emotion at the 2nd anniversary of Neil's passing.

Spending a quiet moment at the remembrance garden is sufficient imo

Santiago Street . said:
Where does it stop though lads

I defer to nobody in my respect and affection for City legends who've passed away but for me repeating tributes time and time again dilutes the emotion and verges into Liverpool "let's have a vigil" territory.

I think the motive behind a lot of this stuff is "let's show other clubs what great fans we are at City" rather than genuine emotion at the 2nd anniversary of Neil's passing.

Spending a quiet moment at the remembrance garden is sufficient imo

I understand your point but I reckon the majority of fans who wish to remember Nelly are from his era and generation.
That team gave us so many special memories, it is difficult to let go.
Somehow I doubt City fans in fifty years time will be remembering our current stars with such affection.

Many thanks to Ric for making this a sticky first of all.

Secondly, the club have been in touch with me to say they will give the '1 minutes applause 10 minutes into this Sunday's game' their support. The club will be promoting the minutes applause through their social media network which is brilliant. Understandably they wont be displaying a picture of Neil as this would be setting a precedence.

The club are doing their bit to promote the minutes applause but it's up to us the supporters to make it happen successfully. Can I ask those of you who can to promote the minutes applause amongst others via all means ie Twitter, facebook etc etc.

Kind regards to all, Alex the blue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.