Neil Young 2nd Anniversary

Vienna_70 said:
What a fantastic tribute at the Garden of Remembrance this afternoon.

The piper was brilliant; his rendition of Blue Moon was wonderful and there was a very good crowd of Blues there to pay tribute to Neil. I even saw somebody I used to work with

It was good to see Messers Book, Bell, Corrigan, Booth, Eyre, Edghill and I. Brightwell in attendance too.

As the ten minutes came up on the scoreboard, I stood and started clapping. I felt a bit of a prick at first, but gradually, others around me started to join in an eventually, it became a decent round of applause for Nelly and it was good to see clapping supporters shown on the big screen.

Well done to all involved. I thought it went very well.
Echoed.

Managed to get this picture of his memorial:

64795_10151683449733852_1334518390_n.jpg

a good turn out of Blues there for Carmen who was obviously upset by the occasion.Why didnt the club put Neils face on the screen as it came towards the 10 minute mark?
Got one or two pcs from the service today will put on.

Yes, I was proud to be a Blue today. I can't really add to what Eccles Blue and Vienna have said.

I could tell Carmen was really touched by the occasion. I haven't contacted Carmen since the game but I'll give her a call tomorrow and let you know her thoughts.

The lone piper was brilliant and if anybody ever needs a piper for anything just let me know.

I had my doubts beforehand about how successful the applause 10 minutes in would be. I should have known better. Yes, I was proud to be a Blue today.

MCFC BOB said:
Vienna_70 said:
What a fantastic tribute at the Garden of Remembrance this afternoon.

The piper was brilliant; his rendition of Blue Moon was wonderful and there was a very good crowd of Blues there to pay tribute to Neil. I even saw somebody I used to work with

It was good to see Messers Book, Bell, Corrigan, Booth, Eyre, Edghill and I. Brightwell in attendance too.

As the ten minutes came up on the scoreboard, I stood and started clapping. I felt a bit of a prick at first, but gradually, others around me started to join in an eventually, it became a decent round of applause for Nelly and it was good to see clapping supporters shown on the big screen.

Well done to all involved. I thought it went very well.
Echoed.

Managed to get this picture of his memorial:

64795_10151683449733852_1334518390_n.jpg

That's a great picture, Bob.

Thanks for posting it.

What the young family really feel (I mean Neil's children) is that why is carmen constantly involved with city..he should just be left alone and let him rest in peace..Neil hated all this fuss, carmen of course needs all the limelight and we all think its about time people knew exactly how she is..she turned away Neils children on his deathbed, she never let them say goodbye to him! She never told them about his funeral. she wasn't even around when he was playing for city, if anything it's Neil's first wife Margaret young who should be at the memorials. Carmen is not very well liked at city as we have been told first hand! Don't let her fool you please. Neil's grandson recently wrote a very nice letter to her and asked for one of his grandads medal. Which was promised to him, I know this for a fact as I was there when he told him. She has not even wrote a letter back or a phone call. At the ned of the day Neil has 4 children there the news that should be at the city games and the memorials, it's Neil's blood. Not carmen and her kids from her 1st marriage, what is she doing, does she not realise people are laughing at her. Neil's children are very very hurt but at the same time,they would rather let Neil rest in peace than him being paraded about by fools

mancitydad said:
What the young family really feel (I mean Neil's children) is that why is carmen constantly involved with city..he should just be left alone and let him rest in peace..Neil hated all this fuss, carmen of course needs all the limelight and we all think its about time people knew exactly how she is..she turned away Neils children on his deathbed, she never let them say goodbye to him! She never told them about his funeral. she wasn't even around when he was playing for city, if anything it's Neil's first wife Margaret young who should be at the memorials. Carmen is not very well liked at city as we have been told first hand! Don't let her fool you please. Neil's grandson recently wrote a very nice letter to her and asked for one of his grandads medal. Which was promised to him, I know this for a fact as I was there when he told him. She has not even wrote a letter back or a phone call. At the ned of the day Neil has 4 children there the news that should be at the city games and the memorials, it's Neil's blood. Not carmen and her kids from her 1st marriage, what is she doing, does she not realise people are laughing at her. Neil's children are very very hurt but at the same time,they would rather let Neil rest in peace than him being paraded about by fools

R.I.P NEIL YOUNG

Neil has never been paraded by fools. Very many had deep affection for him hence the tributes and very successful Charity Appeal.

Very sad that you feel fit to attempt to air some personal stuff regarding Neil and his family, especially has so much have it is cruelly inaccurate. I'm not discussing that any further by this or any other medium.

Neil told me shortly before he passed away that he had given his FA Cup Winners medal to a grandson some time earlier, no reason for me to doubt that. The only medal Neil kept is his 1968 League Champioship medal.

Finally, and I do mean finally; R.I.P NEIL YOUNG

its terrible when you lose somebody and there is stuff going on.
r i p neil young

It is sad your right, it's also hurtful for Neil's kids, the truth of the matter is carmen has never excepted Neil's children and it caused a terrible rift.. She is such a nasty jelous woman! Neil's only son mark should of read the reading at Neil's service not carmens son! It was horrific, Neil didn't have the proper funeral it didn't consist of his full life, it only consisted of the years he was with carmen, carmen of course organised it . Yet city paid for Neil's service yet carmen can't pay for a gravestone at his remembrance ground. There has recently been a documentary done n Neil's life, the truth is all in that. It makes many people sad and angry that Neil's kids have been left out of not being told of the funeral, remberances, memorials. The only person that keeps them informed is the loyal fans of Neil, who knows his children I recently saw some letters that Neil wrote to one of his children, Neil missed his children and grandchildren so much! It was very obvious to see, but unfortunately carmen didn't want Neil seeing them!

Lets hope karma comes around! Carmen has no place being at city, she had no part in Neil playing, Neil told many people, he wasn't bothered about going back, carmen pushed him all the time to go back...she is now using his death for her glory! Keep your hands in your pockets please don't waste anymore of your money to Neil's charity! She doesn't deserve any! Neil would of certainly wanted it that way!

Maybe not the right place I apologise for that, but maybe people can read the truth about her! What stories does carmen know from her own experience about the years Neil was playing! She wasn't around back in the day! Yet why is she suddenly there now! Please carmen if u get to read these messages please please stop it! We want to see Neil's children at the memorials and the games not you! We want to hear stories about the great man from his children who were there in those years Neil was at man city, we want his to see his grandchildren who look like Neil at these places not you or your family! You have no business being there! No one wants to see your kids who have nothing to do with neil !stop hogging the limelight please and let his kids have it! They deserve it! They deserve to pass the story on to there kids and tell them there grandad had a great left foot, I know first hand that Neil's fans want to see his children , the fans all watched neils kids grow up! but carmen won't allow it! What does that tell you! Shame n you carmen, someone has to say it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.