Neil Young demands Spotify remove his music.

The first thing everyone should do when choosing which opinion to trust the most is to consider the veracity of the spokesperson. And that means taking into account their history. If this man hadn’t said things very recently that were proven untrue and acted irresponsibly with his social media content then he’d have more power to his message.

Unfortunately, for him, in important roles such as science and medical care, one’s reputation hangs on having a cautious opinion backed up by industry proven data.

It’s not about shutting anyone down, it’s about ensuring that messages given out are safe. “Free speech” includes information sharing routes as basic as local gossip, and that’s not always safe. There has to be governance on some topics.
Is this a wind up?

Mute me so you are safe? How about if you’d have agreed with my opinions, would that be ok? Do you realise what you are proposing?

I’m in the majority at the end of the day and you’re just spouting the fringe corporate media view, so maybe you should be silenced?

google CNN / Jeff Zucker right now and you’ll see It’s in meltdown as I write this. There are major issues in the media.

I am pro vaccination by the way, it clearly reduces serious illness, massively. I’m also pro freedom to discuss & pro common sense.

PS, I am delighted McAtee has signed, Haaland is on his way & the club are extending Pep & Bernado by the sounds of it. I haven’t posted a lot on bluemoon as I talk about city in my friends WhatsApp group & at work, they aren’t on bluemoon, so what?

Last edited:
Is this a wind up?

Mute me so you are safe? How about if you’d have agreed with my opinions, would that be ok? Do you realise what you are proposing?

I’m in the majority at the end of the day and you’re just spouting the fringe corporate media view, so maybe you should be silenced?

I am pro vaccination by the way, it clearly reduces serious illness, massively. I’m also pro freedom to discuss & pro common sense.

PS, I am delighted McAtee has signed, Haaland is on his way & the club are extending Pep & Bernado by the sounds of it. I haven’t posted a lot on bluemoon as I talk about city in my friends WhatsApp group & at work, they aren’t on bluemoon, so what?
Re your last paragraph; nothing, nothing at all. 10 years just flies by, you join and then before you know it the world is gripped by paranoid scientists forcing world leaders to imprison millions in their own homes and you think to yourself, blimey where did those 10 years go.

Cheerio Neil. I doubt 99% of Spotify users will give a shit.
This is what it means to be principled.

Much as 99% of Spotify users might not give a shit, nor does Neil Young care about Spotify. They pay minimum royalties for his music and he doesn’t even need that pittance, so he took a principled stand.

That you miss that, and you gladly kiss him off, speaks to your own failure, not his.

Is this a wind up?

google CNN / Jeff Zucker right now and you’ll see It’s in meltdown as I write this. There are major issues in the media.

The WhatsApp group, explains a lot ;-)

Is this a wind up?

Not quite following your line of attack as it seems to be going in a different direction to my post but I’ll leave it there. Have a good day.

This is what it means to be principled.

Much as 99% of Spotify users might not give a shit, nor does Neil Young care about Spotify. They pay minimum royalties for his music and he doesn’t even need that pittance, so he took a principled stand.

That you miss that, and you gladly kiss him off, speaks to your own failure, not his.
More to the point - this has been a massive wake up call to Spotify and other platforms. They have a hugely significant role, even though they all try to distance themselves from it. The reality is that fake news and BS takes are out there and they spread by these platforms not taking their role seriously.

The social media age has given a voice to arseholes, many of them right wing arseholes but also some from the left to, some just small minded racists and bigots. That ability to get their views out was denied for years by the responsible approach of traditional media and we were in a better place for it. Even the more extreme ontlet such as the Daily Mail would not give the time of day to anti vax / anti science nut jobs. Spotify have dropped a ball here and they wont make that mistake again - there will be significant changes to the way they operate going forward and rightly so.

More to the point - this has been a massive wake up call to Spotify and other platforms. They have a hugely significant role, even though they all try to distance themselves from it. The reality is that fake news and BS takes are out there and they spread by these platforms not taking their role seriously.

The social media age has given a voice to arseholes, many of them right wing arseholes but also some from the left to, some just small minded racists and bigots. That ability to get their views out was denied for years by the responsible approach of traditional media and we were in a better place for it. Even the more extreme ontlet such as the Daily Mail would not give the time of day to anti vax / anti science nut jobs. Spotify have dropped a ball here and they wont make that mistake again - there will be significant changes to the way they operate going forward and rightly so.
Good points and look at their share price since the Neil young letter.
They've lost a massive sum.

Screenshot_2022-02-03-23-29-01-91.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.