Neil Young

mancitydad said:
i am really amazed at how many people are truly sorry to hear about my dad
"Neil Young", he was a great footballer, and still is a Great Man, Yes hes had his difficulties, but haven't we all. I hope he knows how many people are praying for him to try and somehow beat this and get better.

His grandson is 7 years old and has been scouted to play at burnley, My dad is his hero, always has been and always will be....My son will certainly carry on his memory of my dad...its in his jeans.....

I love you dad, now , always and forever!!!

Love your daughter]
Melissa....(young)

Your dad and his goals have been and always will be part of my childhood,may god watch over you all in these dark days,Best wishes,Paul.

Without doubt Neil was one of the greatest players to have ever worn the sky blue shirt..............we owe him so much.

mancitydad said:
"Neil Young", he was a great footballer, and still is a Great Man, Yes hes had his difficulties, but haven't we all. I hope he knows how many people are praying for him to try and somehow beat this and get better.

His grandson is 7 years old and has been scouted to play at burnley, My dad is his hero, always has been and always will be....My son will certainly carry on his memory of my dad...its in his jeans.....

Love your daughter]
Melissa....(young)

Melissa you should not be amazed your dad is a TRUE City legend and was an inspiration to many City fans he was my hero when we had Bell Lee and Summerbee i hope Nelly gets over this love and best wishes to you and your family

spanishblue said:
mancitydad said:

Love your daughter]
Melissa....(young)

Melissa you should not be amazed your dad is a TRUE City legend and was an inspiration to many City fans he was my hero when we had Bell Lee and Summerbee i hope Nelly gets over this love and best wishes to you and your family

Melissa, as Spanishblue has said, you should not be amazed at the affection and esteem in which your Dad is held by us Blues. He is a true great. If Colin was a reluctant hero then Neil is surely the unsung hero. As Mike Summerbee said "It should be Lee, Bell, Summerbee and Young".

He was always there to score the goals that mattered, the ones which made the difference and he will forever be appreciated for that. He was also a perfect gentleman on the pitch and a great role model for young kids.

I hope and pray that the coming months are as kind as can be possible under the circumstances.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqET6rfCaqQ[/youtube]

Just to let all know that a Paypal account will be set up soon so that all who wish to contribute to the Neil Young Appeal can do so. At Neil's insistance all money raised will be split 50 50 between himself and the Cancer Unit at Wythenshawe Hospital where he is receiving treatment.

I have emailed the club re some kind of tribute around the game at Leicester and have received an initial response, watch this space.

Alex the Blue

bammy blue said:
well we have joe mercer way, the colin bell stand hows about the neil young family stand? surely no more fitting tribute to a club legend.

hang in there dad...nana alice and uncle chris are watching over you......

love you loads, your legend will carry on..<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:33 pm --<br /><br />I guess Man City are doing something for my dad

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2010/December/Red-and-black-for-Leicester" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... -Leicester</a>

I WAS AT THE GAME LAST NIGHT..ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT IT WAS AMAZING, MY DADS FANS WERE JUST INCREDIBLE., EVERYONE WAS COMING UP TO ME ..SAYING SO MUCH ABOUT MY DAD, I JUST COULDNOT HELP MYSELF BUT TO CRY...I WAS AND AM SO PROUD OF MY DAD (NEIL YOUNG) I WISH HE COULD OF BEEN THERE LAST NIGHT TO SEE HIS FANS IN ACTION...IT WAS AMAZING, SO I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY THANKYOU TO ALL MY DADS FANS FOR CARING!!!!

THE SPECIAL MOMENT WAS WHEN THE TEAM CAME OUT IN MY DADS KITS WITH HIS NAME - YOUNG - ON THE BACK.

WELL DONE CITY!!

mancitydad said:
I WAS AT THE GAME LAST NIGHT..ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT IT WAS AMAZING, MY DADS FANS WERE JUST INCREDIBLE., EVERYONE WAS COMING UP TO ME ..SAYING SO MUCH ABOUT MY DAD, I JUST COULDNOT HELP MYSELF BUT TO CRY...I WAS AND AM SO PROUD OF MY DAD (NEIL YOUNG) I WISH HE COULD OF BEEN THERE LAST NIGHT TO SEE HIS FANS IN ACTION...IT WAS AMAZING, SO I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY THANKYOU TO ALL MY DADS FANS FOR CARING!!!!

THE SPECIAL MOMENT WAS WHEN THE TEAM CAME OUT IN MY DADS KITS WITH HIS NAME - YOUNG - ON THE BACK.

WELL DONE CITY!!
AauDz.jpg

pGJMM.png

BCdib.png

Sorry about the grainy quality of the last two; they were lifted off a recording a couple of minutes ago. My prayers are with Neil and his family. He is a true City legend and is remembered fondly by myself and thousands of other blues of a certain vintage. We're all with you mancitydad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.