Neil Young

i am really amazed at how many people are truly sorry to hear about my dad
"Neil Young", he was a great footballer, and still is a Great Man, Yes hes had his difficulties, but haven't we all. I hope he knows how many people are praying for him to try and somehow beat this and get better.

His grandson is 7 years old and has been scouted to play at burnley, My dad is his hero, always has been and always will be....My son will certainly carry on his memory of my dad...its in his jeans.....

I love you dad, now , always and forever!!!

Love your daughter]
Melissa....(young)

"Neil Young", he was a great footballer, and still is a Great Man, Yes hes had his difficulties, but haven't we all. I hope he knows how many people are praying for him to try and somehow beat this and get better.

His grandson is 7 years old and has been scouted to play at burnley, My dad is his hero, always has been and always will be....My son will certainly carry on his memory of my dad...its in his jeans.....

Love your daughter]
Melissa....(young)

Love your daughter]
Melissa....(young)

I'm in frequent contact with Neil and Carmen. I can assure all that the cards and messages are really appreciated by both of them. Keep them coming to me and I will pass them on:

Neil & Carmen Young
c/o
Alex Channon
'Penalty Spot'
11 Thirlmere Avenue
Swinton
Manchester
M27 5XD

There's a 6 minute recorded interview with Neil on Radio Manchester's Blue Tuesday this Tuesday 7-12-10 between 6-00 & 7-00 pm. Be sure to tune in.

Alex the Blue

Its a shame he couldnt make it last night at the Supporters party.

As much as it was nice seeing Uwe, Paul and Ian ir would have been a realy special moment if he had been there.

Perhaps we should have a night of the stars with Neil as the guest of honour?

I always remember my first Junior Blues meeting in the old Social Club when I was a kid, they put the City v Leicester final on for us to watch and this was the first time I saw Neil, being a bit too young to take in when I got home I asked my neighbour about him, he spent the next half hour telling me about just how good he actually was, I was sat there mesmerised, as a result, for me he`s up there with Frank and Bert as the players I`d have loved to have seen in the flesh.

I sincerely wish you all the best in this fight and stay positive Neil.

mancitydad said:

Love your daughter]
Melissa....(young)

I used to be in your class at Dean Row High Melissa. Always thought you were lovely people. God bless you all and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

mancitydad said:

Love your daughter]
Melissa....(young)

Hi have your dad and Carmen moved, When we ran the macc sc Neil was vice president and Carmen used to sell the xmas raffle tkts for us, but I used to go to the flat opposite the Waggon & Horses in Handforth to collect the money, never foget the time he brought out his medal collection.

Neil Young was the greatest player to play for City<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:05 pm --<br /><br />I’ve been trying to get Neil’s career in perspective and for me he may well be our greatest player ever. No one will ever score the winners for us in three such vital games as the FA Cup Final, the European Cup Winners Cup Final and the match to settle the Championship. Here’s what others had to say about him --

Joe Mercer – there was no better player at the club than Neil Young

Fred Eyre – nobody scored more important goals than Neil Young

Mike Summerbee- it should have been Bell, Lee, Summerbee and Young

Peter Gardner – when Young played well, so did City

Hon President Tudor Thomas – Neil was the pick of the bunch

These are high plaudits from some of the most knowledgeable people connected to City. His stats also show the commitment he gave to the club –

15th highest appearances in City history
16th highest goals
20th longest serving player for City
8th highest goalscorer in FA Cup for City
9th highest league cup goalscorer
4th highest European goalscorer for City

Neil was also our highest scorer in the 65/66-promotion year. The 67/68-championship year and the following 68/69-year. This was a remarkable achievement especially at the greatest time in City’s history. There is a great autobiography out on Neil called Catch a Falling Star written in conjunction with Dante Friend. In it, it tells of how Neil was born 500 yards away from City’s ground in Fallowfield, and attended his first game at the age of 5 with his elder brother Chris. Neil joined his beloved City in his early teens and made his debut in 1961 and stayed with us through to 1972, he never wanted to leave after being with us and playing a vital part in the most important period of City history.

The book tells clearly how much Neil loved his time at City.

For me the greatest player to wear the City shirt.

At this sad time the club should honour the career of Neil Young.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.