Netherlands v Argentina - Fri 9th Dec, 19:00 | Quarter-final | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Messi love is way way over the top. If you remove the history of the guy he has sauntered round this world cup with the odd moment of good play. 2 penalties in his 4 goals.

Not saying he’s shit but this is not a one man team like they are making out.

They’ve also had a free pass to what might be the final - a crap group they almost fuxked up, the aussies in round 2, the worst dutch side ever and now the prospect of croatia in the semis.

If England can get past France we are doing this
I agree that England could do this, but looking at this totally neutrally, Messi at 39 or whatever he is, still had the most quality on show tonight. That’s not withstanding the weird reffing that went on.
It’s not just technique but the proper decision making. We were saying the same about Foden earlier in the tournament. It’s the ability, but also the knowing when to play the ball and where to.

He is fouled a lot and like all modern players they seem to be coached to go down easily when it optimises their teams chances. It’s the modern game unfortunately.
But he rarely makes the wrong decision in general play.

Argentina aren’t a one man team as they need the defence and the legs to do the work, but none of the rest of them are close to his quality now let alone at his prime.

I love Julian. He is like a cross between Tevez and Aguero at times, but he had the first touch of a wall at other times tonight.

It’s just the way I see it. Argentina aren’t good enough to win this in my opinion, but at his age Messi still has it, which is remarkable.

Wow. What has helped you form this opinion? Best mate is Sergio. Has a charitable foundation providing hope and support to those in need. Refuses to interact with media. Keeps himself to himself. A real family man that loves his wife and children. Your assessment of him being a ….end is based on what? Genuine question.

You are Gary Lineker and I claim my £5.

Messi is a tax evading twat who would be in prison if he hadn't been given preferential treatment by the Spanish courts.

Don't fall for bullshit about charitable foundations involving footballers. It's a tax dodge.

I can't believe that any normal person would like a footballer for being a good friend of a City player. That's just ridiculous.

They are far from the best Argie side as well.....slightly better than the Ortega/Veron side but not much, the Dutch and Germans are the worst in my life time....by fucking miles, and said at start, despite the general wankfest Brazil are weakest they have been in my lifetime too.
Very true but let’s not forget about the FIFA effect.

He is almost bigger than the tournament, the Argie players just constantly pass to him, and the opposition go easy on him and the officials are in total awe of him
That ref has Messi pics all over his bedroom walls covered in love juice. How he didn’t book Messi for deliberate hand ball only 5 minutes after booking a mortal player for the exact same thing said it all.

I don’t think it was a foul. But the slightest touch and it is classed as a foul. Do it anywhere else on the pitch and that is not necessarily given.
I think it was a foul, you don't kick at the opposition player's foot when he is in the control of the ball. I think it is a foul anywhere on the pitch. Bernardo ad Raheem won us in the past a few penalties in this category.

Not seen all the game.
Been in the pub..don't know what happened before the penalties.
Looked up as Messi scored his pen..
I've always said Maradona is greatest player ever.
If Messi wins this world cup in my opinion it could be argued he is the best ever.
Apart from el mago 21.
I've been going to city home and away since I was 6 in 1984 and in a city shirt in my opinion silva is the best by a long way.
Best I've seen live is Messi.
Best ever ??.
I didnt see Maradona live but I wish I did.
I think people especially engerland fans only think about tge hand of god.
Sorry to rant.
I'm pissed.
David silva is a football god

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.