Netherlands v Argentina - Fri 9th Dec, 19:00 | Quarter-final | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m not blaming the ref for the debacle caused by both teams, but I don’t agree with your yardstick for measuring what a ref can do in these circumstances.
The ref is there to apply the rules of the game fairly and consistently. He didn’t do that, and he was the accelerant for the decent into chaos.

The key moment for most that watched was Messi not getting a yellow for deliberate handball five minutes after issuing one for the exact same offence.

His decisions became more erratic after that and the players became more and more wound up.

I would say that the “key” moment was the Argie player leathering the ball at the Dutch bench and them all piling on pitch to confront him. If they only did that because the referee had wound them up then that’s on them.

I was just going to post this. People frothing at the mouth about Argentina should look at the history of the Dutch in the WC.

Surprised, though. With the exception of the ex-wife, I have always found the Dutch to be level-headed.

I’ve found the opposite. Majority I’ve met have been over aggressive, arrogant dicks. The vast of majority of Afrikaan speaking South Africans are of Dutch descent and look at most of those fuckers.

I’ve found the opposite. Majority I’ve met have been over aggressive, arrogant dicks. The vast of majority of Afrikaan speaking South Africans are of Dutch descent and look at most of those fuckers.

That's a weird argument about Afrikaaners, but OK if that is your experience of Dutch people. I had the opposite experience whilst living there for 15 years, Dutch (ex) wife and 4 children still living there.

Argentina showing they love a little shithousery, van Gaal reverting to route one football. Compelling watch albeit quality was in short supply I think the refeees ineptitude made it even better to watch for the neutral and I would have been happy to see them both go out to be honest. Alvarez worked hard with little end product & I thought Ake did well & showed his class by not getting involved in any of the handbags.
Delighted the worlds best centre half missed his penalty and his post match interview was child like the classless tool.
In the end I think Argentina shaded it as the better football team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.