Netherlands v England - Wed 10th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Semi-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not a fan of Southgate, has been exceptionally lucky, but 1st half we played well. 2nd half much more cagey, but very well done to Watkins, great interview, great assist Cole.

Would I have wanted to win trophies watching some of the crap from Reid, Clarke, Ball (!!!!!!!) or Pearce FFS? Yes I would, certainly dreamt of it!

Performances have improved and they do deserve their shot at the title. International football is much worse than club football, we've been especially spoilt since 2011.

England were godawful in Euro 88, started Italia90 poorly stumbling on a winning formation and were Paul Parker's head away from getting to that final. Euro 92, we were fking awful again - Andy Sinton (!) didn't qualify for USA 94. Euro 96 was a decent tournament we played well before being down by (Stefan) Kunz, actually Andy Muller with his strutting......

The so called golden generation from 98 - 08 did very little. The football under wastecoat has been dire but his record of getting to semis and finals is astonishing, even if you reckon he should have capitalised on the opportunities. The point is England have always flattered to deceive, but we have made the final. Let's just get the job done.

England have better players and are improving so who knows.
England have showed a lot of character so far to progress, but in Rodri and Olmo Spain have the 2 stand out players of the tournament. It was probably England's best performance so far tonight, as I mentioned in my earlier post, I suspect they will need to raise their game again, fingers crossed.

Looking forward to getting 10-20 more penalties a season in the league and CL now that UEFA have set the ‘Kane Penalty Precedent’…

Or is it going to be like the Fernandes-Rashford offside goal ruling, never to be seen or heard of again?
It will depend who's awarded the first one.

I'm betting it will be at the swamp as the rags are struggling to beat Fulham.

Spain will be the first decent team England have played, Southgates got luck on his side.

Hes a shit manager.

He might not be the best manager in the world but he’s done a fantastic job for England.

It’s telling that even when he answers his critics, he still gets slagged off.

Kane kicked Dumfries, the decision was laughable and the subsequent yellow card just complete embarrassment.

Major penalty decision aside, the officials gave England absolutely everything. The corner decision and the "foul" on Saka which indirectly led to the winning goal summed it all up.

Yeah it was a bullshit penalty award,and I'll take a dodgy decision or two going our way,it's about time,frankly.

We've had plenty of them go against us tournament after tournament.

My take on the game:

1) it isnt surprising we looked better when watkins came on, he makes runs which opens up spaces for foden, palmer etc who can not only find him but drive into that space, kane doesnt occupy defenders in that way anymore.

2) why is bellingham exempt from criticism let alone substitution, watkins for kane was an obvious one but when palmer came on bellingham was markedly worse than foden and saka.
Jude was and has been terrible. How he stayed on the pitch over and above Foden is beyond me… oh yeah the overhead kick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.