Netherlands v England - Wed 10th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Semi-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not a fan of Southgate, has been exceptionally lucky, but 1st half we played well. 2nd half much more cagey, but very well done to Watkins, great interview, great assist Cole.

Would I have wanted to win trophies watching some of the crap from Reid, Clarke, Ball (!!!!!!!) or Pearce FFS? Yes I would, certainly dreamt of it!

Performances have improved and they do deserve their shot at the title. International football is much worse than club football, we've been especially spoilt since 2011.

England were godawful in Euro 88, started Italia90 poorly stumbling on a winning formation and were Paul Parker's head away from getting to that final. Euro 92, we were fking awful again - Andy Sinton (!) didn't qualify for USA 94. Euro 96 was a decent tournament we played well before being down by (Stefan) Kunz, actually Andy Muller with his strutting......

The so called golden generation from 98 - 08 did very little. The football under wastecoat has been dire but his record of getting to semis and finals is astonishing, even if you reckon he should have capitalised on the opportunities. The point is England have always flattered to deceive, but we have made the final. Let's just get the job done.
Can’t knock his record despite the way we play at times. Players seem to like him and he has got a good team spirit going on. The advantage we have is that our bench is much better than anyone else’s. The subs worked again. Fair play to him. He is loyal to his players (starting line up likely to be the same I would think as Shaw made zero difference) and that is fine by me. I think we will win. We have been very fortunate but played well first half and if Spain are playing Navas it shows how weak their squad is. It’s our year this one!

Taking Foden off will now be justified, but it was ridiculous in the extreme.
Bellingham should've been hooked but he's untouchable.

Souness once said give me a lucky manager over a good one. A play on the quote from Napoleon and lucky generals. Southgate definitely got lucky tonight.
Take your bias city hat off and take a step back. Of course it worked. Palmer got the assist and Watkins scored. I’m not Southgate’s biggest fan but the changes clearly worked

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.