Netherlands v France - Fri 21st June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group D

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Eh? The linesman had his flag up. Taylor ran over to him and then ruled it out on the linesman advice
That's what I'm saying, the ref makes the final call.

The linesman had his flag up against Rashford at the swamp a couple of years back after he ran 40 fucking yards with the ball. But the ref overruled him for deffo not corrupt reasons.

This is why the ref having the final say is carved into my brain.

Anyway, fuck Alti, fuck the lino, fuck Atwell. Shall we agree on that?

I think the referees should apply an informal logic to decisions like that. “What would a proper bloke like Barry down at the pub think?”

“Agh, it’s a bloody goal ref, stop fannying around with this interfering bollocks, it ruins the game!”

Goal given.

It’s a remarkably effective way of thinking about it.

At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter. Still have to carry on. Sure it took forever to essentially come to an agreement but even if there was no var and you were fucked over by officials, you can only live with it, mistake or not.

In some way, the game is still the same, now it’s just a slower burn for elation, disappointment or disbelief.

I think the referees should apply an informal logic to decisions like that. “What would a proper bloke like Barry down at the pub think?”

“Agh, it’s a bloody goal ref, stop fannying around with this interfering bollocks, it ruins the game!”

Goal given.

It’s a remarkably effective way of thinking about it.
In line with that theme if anyone has a problem it can be sorted out in the stadium car park after the game…

For me....he impacts the keeper from making an attempt to dive.

So yes, offside.

Whether he would get there or not , is another question.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.