Netherlands v France - Fri 21st June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group D

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The keeper is scrambling to get back to his feet, I don't think he could have touched the Dutch player if he'd tried. It's not like he was set and ready to dive (in which case I would agree with you) his body positioning actually makes any kind of dive impossible.

In this frame here, the ball is a microsecond from being hit but his left knee is clearly still touching the floor. How is he supposed to have dived with one knee on the ground?

View attachment 123115
Similar goal disallowed in Qatar 2022.

Yeah, I didn't think that one should have been disallowed either. Keepers are a heavily protected species, as we know. I think this is just another example of that. I get the sense this is probably the book definition of the law, so maybe it's right, but it feels like if that's the case it's a badly thought out law.

Unless the player is quite clearly physically in the way in the manner of a deliberate block, I'm not a fan of goals like that being chalked off.

Yeah, I didn't think that one should have been disallowed either. Keepers are a heavily protected species, as we know. I think this is just another example of that. I get the sense this is probably the book definition of the law, so maybe it's right, but it feels like if that's the case it's a badly thought out law.

Unless the player is quite clearly physically in the way in the manner of a deliberate block, I'm not a fan of goals like that being chalked off.
I only really posted it to add a similar scenario that was officiated the same.

It seems to be if they’re in a position to impede the keeper diving, even if they actually can’t, that they’re deemed offside.

The keeper is scrambling to get back to his feet, I don't think he could have touched the Dutch player if he'd tried. It's not like he was set and ready to dive (in which case I would agree with you) his body positioning actually makes any kind of dive impossible.

In this frame here, the ball is a microsecond from being hit but his left knee is clearly still touching the floor. How is he supposed to have dived with one knee on the ground?

View attachment 123115

yet 1 or 2 frames later the keepers on his feet, moving towards the dutch player and the ball hasn't reached the 6 yard box

1719070156650.png

Attachments

• 1719070111890.png
    1719070111890.png
    616.6 KB · Views: 3
you're wrong, but it looks like you're american so I forgive you ;)
1) Not American by birth, raised in Manc.
2) Played football for about 30 yrs.
3) Got paid for it for a few of those yrs.
4) Thanks for the forgiveness.

Opinions, eh? They’re like arseholes… ;-)

yet 1 or 2 frames later the keepers on his feet, moving towards the dutch player and the ball hasn't reached the 6 yard box

View attachment 123121
Thanks for the proof that there was zero impediment to the keeper. Ball would be passed him before he had the chance to dive, which would, as they say, have only been for the cameras!!

The biggest problem in that equation, and in any game he referees, is Attwell. He cannot see how poor he is, he's convinced that he's God's gift to arbitration. I think he should fuck off from PiGMOL and see if there are any vacancies at ACAS!
Absofuckinglutely!!!

Weak refs trying to show authority…my least favorite!

It’s like Pawson…if you START by looking like an old lady that is about to cry, where do you find ANY authority as you prance around the field?!

I don’t think it is the same. The player above is in the line of sight and ahead of the keeper as he looks at the ball.

In the Dutch game, the player was to the side and not interfering with the keeper at all.

Absofuckinglutely!!!

Weak refs trying to show authority…my least favorite!

It’s like Pawson…if you START by looking like an old lady that is about to cry, where do you find ANY authority as you prance around the field?!

I don’t think it is the same. The player above is in the line of sight and ahead of the keeper as he looks at the ball.

In the Dutch game, the player was to the side and not interfering with the keeper at all.
It’s hard to see how much the Ecuadorean was in the eye line, but the keeper dived the wrong way, so it probably didn’t matter!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.