Netherlands v France - Fri 21st June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group D

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just seen that disallowed goal for the first time. An utterly disgraceful decision. There was nothing to stop the keeper from diving. He was, quite simply, beaten all ends up and he knew it. Just had a quick look on Youtube. Even a number of the French comments are big enough to recognise it as an injustice.
If France get through to win this thing, and the Netherlands do not go through, it will be a travesty. And by the way I'm usually favourable towards France, so no-one whatsoever can accuse me of anti-French bias.

Just seen that disallowed goal for the first time. An utterly disgraceful decision. There was nothing to stop the keeper from diving. He was, quite simply, beaten all ends up and he knew it. Just had a quick look on Youtube. Even a number of the French comments are big enough to recognise it as an injustice.
If France get through to win this thing, and the Netherlands do not go through, it will be a travesty. And by the way I'm usually favourable towards France, so no-one whatsoever can accuse me of anti-French bias.
Me, too! But what would we expect from those two clowns? The goal is disallowed because the French goalkeeper was unable to make a save. Had the Dutch player not been there the goalie wouldn't have got anywhere near. A goal is disallowed because the French goalie was prevented from making a forlorn save. What fuckin' bit of the LotG are they massaging now? The Alty Tit and the seriously inadequate Attwell have chosen the 'best' decision for themselves re the fallout post match, and clearly not the correct one!

seems I'm in the minority here but I thought that was the clearest example of interfering with play since the Rashford goal. Whether the keeper would have made the save is irrelevant, had he dived he'd have clattered the dutchman, therefore interfering. Pretty simple really and shouldn't have taken anything like the amount of time it did

I agree!

Taylor didn’t see it, but linesman flagged. Taylor gives offside. VAR checks. Clearly in offside POSITION, but is he offside? Attwell decides he is, as he doesn’t tell Taylor to take a look from a few different angles.

Ergo, Attwell referees the game from a studio.

Scandalous call. Taylor should have had a good look from multiple angles before disallowing such an important goal.

seems I'm in the minority here but I thought that was the clearest example of interfering with play since the Rashford goal. Whether the keeper would have made the save is irrelevant, had he dived he'd have clattered the dutchman, therefore interfering. Pretty simple really and shouldn't have taken anything like the amount of time it did
Keeper didn’t dive because ball was passed him before he even thought about it!

No way he interfered with play, as there was no play for the ball.

Look at any PL match. Literally any one. Look at all corners. On about 70% of all corners, maybe more, the keeper is obstructed. He is impeded. It's so regular that nobody even notices it any more. Jesus, our Rodri does it all the time! I admit it. Why deny it? The keeper deals with it. It happens to Ed, it happens to all of them.
If he is blatantly obstructed in making an attempt to get to the ball, and the ball goes in, then the goal should be rightly disallowed. Got not problems with that, even if it goes against us.
That's not what happened last night.
Last post on this topic, since I don't have a dog in this fight either way — except that I have French nationality, have had for decades, and so might be expected to fight France's corner! I just believe in honesty in football. Naive, I know, in this age.

You’ve got to hate the game of football if you’re happy to accept that goals like that should be disallowed.

Keeper didn’t dive because ball was passed him before he even thought about it!

No way he interfered with play, as there was no play for the ball.
you're wrong, but it looks like you're american so I forgive you ;)

The keeper is scrambling to get back to his feet, I don't think he could have touched the Dutch player if he'd tried. It's not like he was set and ready to dive (in which case I would agree with you) his body positioning actually makes any kind of dive impossible.

In this frame here, the ball is a microsecond from being hit but his left knee is clearly still touching the floor. How is he supposed to have dived with one knee on the ground?

1719066237623.png

Taylor didn’t see it, but linesman flagged. Taylor gives offside. VAR checks. Clearly in offside POSITION, but is he offside? Attwell decides he is, as he doesn’t tell Taylor to take a look from a few different angles.

Ergo, Attwell referees the game from a studio.

Scandalous call. Taylor should have had a good look from multiple angles before disallowing such an important goal.
The biggest problem in that equation, and in any game he referees, is Attwell. He cannot see how poor he is, he's convinced that he's God's gift to arbitration. I think he should fuck off from PiGMOL and see if there are any vacancies at ACAS!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.