Netherlands v France - Fri 21st June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group D

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
France have been so underwhelming, Griezemann, Dembele, Rabiot, Thuram, I wouldn't take any at City, such an overrated team relying on Mbappe to carry them home

As far as I can see, just about everyone has underwhelmed. With the single exception of Spain. They have sharp young players up front, arguably the most talented in the competition, and they have the world's best deep midfield general.
I could see them winning it. Wouldn't mind if they did, if it comes to that (although I'd still like England to win it, if they can actually bring themselves to play some thrilling football).

Atwell reckoned Rashford wasn't interfering with play on this one

Speaking of consistency, this is what Dale Johnson said about the Fernandes goal:

"The real case for discussion is about Ederson, and whether his actions would have changed had Rashford not been there. Perhaps, but Rashford doesn't impact the goalkeeper's ability to come and play the ball. He may affect his choice to do so, and how he might shape for a save, but the law doesn't discuss how a player might behave differently if the offside player isn't present; it only discusses the ability of an opponent to play the ball."

And this is what he said about Simon's non goal.

"Would Maignan have saved the shot? That's not a consideration for the officials; there's no decision about a keeper's ability. What the officials have to ask themselves is whether Dumfries had an impact on Maignan, and if that affected his decision not to make a dive to attempt the save."

He should just say they make it up as they go along. This is everything that is so wrong about trying to make rules so precise they cover all eventualities and then don't. Why not just say a player in an offside position is offside if his team gain an advantage?

All these rules cause more trouble than they are worth.

Actually felt sorry for them last night, that was the trickiest decision in a long time. Personally I lean towards thinking it was the right decision, the precedents there from Ecuador and the Netherlands at the World Cup, but its one of those where whichever way they give it would have annoyed a lot of people.

Wasn’t it the last World Cup none of our officials were selected, a damming assessment of PGMOL.

Not really.

Taylor and Oliver both refereed at the last World Cup. And both did knock out games after the first batch were sent home after the group stages.

In fact there were strong rumours that Taylor was going to get the final until Argentina got there.

seems I'm in the minority here but I thought that was the clearest example of interfering with play since the Rashford goal. Whether the keeper would have made the save is irrelevant, had he dived he'd have clattered the dutchman, therefore interfering. Pretty simple really and shouldn't have taken anything like the amount of time it did

Sorry it was Oliver and Twatwell doing Spain v Croatia my mistake I thought they worked in pairs. The disturbing thing is the other English VAR is Coote

No worries. Didn’t think I’d seen him before yesterday and I’ve seen at least some of virtually all the games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.