Never doubt Pep

I love having Pep here and wgat his has donr, and hope he stays a lot longer than his contract.

But when he goes , well he goes City will carry on whether good or bad, however I do feel for some on here whose idolisation of the man beyond being another in a long line of city managers, as I think when he goes it might to kill them.

Last edited:
Over the last two weeks the press have made several attempts to drive a wedge between Pep's relationship with us, the City fans. Desperately creating mountains out of mole hills, false rumours and lies

Brothers and Sisters maybe it's time for solidarity and strength, its time to let Pep know that he's one of us and integral to the heart of Manchester and our muched loved club..

Its within our own hands (and voices) to drive this vermin media out of the Etihad and get back to playing Pep football.

Like all managers he makes mistakes but his record speaks for itself and the fact he has lasted longer at our club than the likes of Bayern and Barca speaks for itself.

it would be a huge task for any manager to surpass his record at City , it would be amazing if it occurred but in my lifetime at least I doubt it will occur.

We couldn't be in better hands particularly as he hasn't had the appropriate replacements to players that have rightly retired or left the club after creating history o their own when required.

So much made of CL game decisions not working out.
And not enough is made of the so called brilliant footballers not being able to adapt to a change in tactics that they’ll have been working on in training. People talk about Pep and the final as they all turned up at the stadium and Pep landed the news on them there and then. When I reality they’ll have been working on that for weeks in training.

And if they didn’t feel comfortable with it did any of them speak to the coaching staff well in advance of the game?

Quite simply the best manager in the world, managing the best team in (the land and all) the world, overseen by the best owners in the world and followed by the world's best fans..

That in a nutshell sums us up to a tee and is never to be doubted..!

Pep's not interested in bringing academy players through. I'm sure he loves coaching them because they're impressionable, but he's been here over 5 years and the only player to get regular starts in the first team is Foden, who let's face it, is exceptional. We never look to the academy in terms of building the first team squad, we just spend £50m on a new signing. Even when we have issues outside of transfer windows, he'd rather play a midfielder or right back at left back than look to the academy. He'd rather play a midfielder up front than look to the academy. The academy's primary function is to generate money for the club to spend on new signings and occasionally an exceptional talent like Foden comes along, but he's very much the exception and not the rule.

The team with the ball has fear? Lol
So when is this possession based football supposed to be going out of fashion ? because apparently it won the league last year. Or did you notice something when we played the saints a few days ago ?

It's something I've been noticing for a while now. I was watching some highlights of Pep's Barca teams that won Champions League and it's amazing how clueless teams were in the face of this positional play stuff, just froze them. Teams know how to set up now and players are much fitter, think whatever supplements they take have come a long way too. I mean our guys are probably on the best stuff as well but doubt it helps as much with your football brain or subtle touch. Even the likes of Wolves or Palace can do the straight line sprinting on the counter all game without getting tired. How many times do you see in the match thread "they can't keep this up, they'll tire" or similar. Rarely happens, when you see that you know the opposition are more likely to steal the win late.

The other thing is refereeing. If Sterling or Foden get clattered in the box it's easy to wave off as there are 7 other defenders there, probably wouldn't be a chance anyway they can argue. Walker, Stones, Dias can't afford to breathe on a player making a break or it'll be a booking/ penalty awarded. We're seeing more and more now full backs hanging off the back of our wide players and can make 10 fouls before the ref considers getting his card out. We often comfortably beat the opposition in fouls/ cards accumulated despite having 3/4 of the ball. I've a feeling the relaxed approach to niggly fouls is going to hurt us more than most this season.

Pep's not interested in bringing academy players through. I'm sure he loves coaching them because they're impressionable, but he's been here over 5 years and the only player to get regular starts in the first team is Foden, who let's face it, is exceptional. We never look to the academy in terms of building the first team squad, we just spend £50m on a new signing. Even when we have issues outside of transfer windows, he'd rather play a midfielder or right back at left back than look to the academy. He'd rather play a midfielder up front than look to the academy. The academy's primary function is to generate money for the club to spend on new signings and occasionally an exceptional talent like Foden comes along, but he's very much the exception and not the rule.
That's just rubbish. If the Academy players were good enough Pep would pick them. However he stands or falls on results only so he has a simple unwritten contract with the club: you produce them good enough and I'll play them.

You could see on Tuesday how excited he is by this current crop but the truth is that, despite the fact that he's introduced dozens of kids to the first team over the years, we haven't produced anyone beyond Foden yet (maybe Sancho too) who are good enough for City's level.

I think his comments after showed he was quite upset at how gleefully the fans turned on him when given half a chance.
I agree. It was not pleasant, especially when most of them are constantly bemoaning the exact same issues on here all the time. "I am one of them" he said. That's where this came from.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.