Never doubt Pep

In peps defence ( not that he needs one) All his players wanted it today the pressing was amazing. That's not always been the case. CTID

I think the team today wanted it more than any other time. It was revenge for their heartache in Portugal!!

Also the formation always tells you how the game will go and today the formation was spot on! Tuchel formation was a fearful one from his side and I could only see a win for us after I saw out and their formation.

Have to say today made me think back to his brain fart against them in the Chumps final though.
It wasn’t a brain fart. He identified ways in which to beat Chelsea and the players didn’t execute it how he wanted them to. These things happen.

The main thing that made us lose the game was that Chelsea found a way to constantly pull Dias and Stones out of position, leaving a hole in our defence that could be exploited, and they kept falling for it. That wasn’t on anything Pep did tactically or formationally.

It wasn’t a brain fart. He identified ways in which to beat Chelsea and the players didn’t execute it how he wanted them to. These things happen.

The main thing that made us lose the game was that Chelsea found a way to constantly pull Dias and Stones out of position and they kept falling for it. That wasn’t on anything Pep did tactically or formationally.
Come on mate, Pep shit out of playing his normal game. He overthought it. It was outrageous that he didn’t pick Rodders yet picked Sterling. Then we didn’t even press them.

I doubt myself sometimes, so throwing some doubt Pep’s way once every Blue Moon is natural.

I’m sure everyone wishes they had the CL Final to do over, because it couldn’t be that bad again…from the formation, the performance, to the nature of the goal, to losing 1-0 to that Chelsea team after the Herculean efforts to finally get there.

Today, he got it spot on, but the superhuman efforts of the players won that game, not just Pep!!!

The pre-game team talk:

“Press them high and don’t let them out of their third easily. When they do get out, don’t give their wing backs the time or space to pump the ball into the box or behind our high line!”

The post-game team talk:

“THAT is what 100% effort wins you! You are the best team in this League and you just beat the European Champions on their patch! Thank you for doing what I asked, because your effort made the game plan work!”

The main thing that made us lose the game was that Chelsea found a way to constantly pull Dias and Stones out of position, leaving a hole in our defence that could be exploited, and they kept falling for it. That wasn’t on anything Pep did tactically or formationally.
Que? You answered the ‘brain fart’ excellently

Stones and Dias being pulled out of position was because he set up with no shield, he takes accountability for that, especially as he’s not done it in the previous 10 CL games - he experimented at the wrong time as that shield was there for all to see today

He’s an incredible manager, one of the greatest of all time but he was culpable for that result, which he clearly will learn from!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.