Never meet your heroes.....

I've met a few ex players and on the whole they've been great, the one who disappointed and was an utter bell end was Buzzer, no time for him now and I cringe when I see him.
Funny you should say that, when I met him he came across as an real arrogant twat, I have run into Alex Williams a couple of times, not while he was working and he always comes across as an amazingly nice guy, there is no other word for it.

I've met a few ex players and on the whole they've been great, the one who disappointed and was an utter bell end was Buzzer, no time for him now and I cringe when I see him.
Andy Dibble still drinks in one of my locals, the unicorn dean row, I can’t talk to him due to some of his performances, at least I’ve not smacked him

Being a Kinky loyalist I was utterly devastated when he completely blanked me when I tried letting on at the Trafford Centre bitd (he was at the cinema for the East is East premiere iirc). Naturally his Mrs was 9/10 and about 3” taller! Still hurts to this day....not fit to lace Spanish Dave’s boots the twat.

Tricky Trevor Sinclair obliged with a friendly wave (same venue different day) when I shouted to him ‘how’s it going Trev?’ Truth was I couldn’t place him and knew his name only after his reply did the penny drop who it was....nice chap.

Pissed up in Cardiff (after Rags v Wigan LCF long story). Bumped into Jeff Whitley who was equally pissed (did he play for Cardiff?) who proceeded to slag off Keegan for a full 30 minutes, saying that Pearce was Keegan’s teachers pet/snitch.

Bert Trautmann....absolute gent as was Sir Tom Finney.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Whitley in his Cardiff days...

Jeff Whitley admits cocaine habit while at Cardiff City
FORMER Cardiff City footballer Jeff Whitley has revealed how he became hooked on cocaine while playing for the club.

• The 32-year-old ex-Manchester City and Northern Ireland midfielder, now clean, admits in a BBC interview to be broadcast today that he used alcohol and drugs as a player.

"I'd been on humongous benders. It wasn't just alcohol, it was cocaine and a mixture of other drugs," he said.

"The cocaine just enabled me to drink more. From being so drunk, to then having some cocaine, and then being able to go another two or three days."

Zambian-born Whitley moved with his family to Wrexham as a youngster, and he and his brother Jim played in the Wrexham Youth League before being taken on as trainees at Manchester City.

But it was when he signed for the Bluebirds from Sunderland in 2005 he began to experiment with Class A drug cocaine.

He told BBC Radio Manchester: "I remember Dave Jones [Cardiff manager at the time] at one point said to me 'Jeff don't come in but we'll still pay you' [because of his drinking].

"I never took any other drug apart from alcohol and cigarettes when I was playing at the time.

"When Dave Jones said that to me I thought 'I've never tried cocaine, I'd give it a blast' and when I did I thought 'wow, this is what I'm missing'.

"I was hooked that quick. If you're an addict you can get hooked on computer games, texting, eating... it don't matter what it is.

"When it comes to class A drugs then you're in trouble."

Whitley was eligible to play for Northern Ireland courtesy of his Belfast-born father, and won 20 caps for his adopted nation.

In 2005 he and international team-mate Philip Mulryne broke a team curfew to go drinking.

He later made an apology for the incident but later checked in to the Sporting Chance rehabilitation clinic after having suicidal thoughts and becoming worried for his health.

"The only time I would go to sleep was when my body shut down," said Whitley, who made 38 appearances during his three-year spell with Cardiff.

"At times I would just be praying just to die.

"I was throwing up blood at times and waking up with urine and the rest of it in the bed and all my back was in agony."

Get recognised and accept it.
Popularity is why they get paid so much, and that doesn’t stop when they leave the stadium.
It’s a personal view, but i think it goes with the territory.
Yeah but you might be the tenth person that day asking for a pic or an autograph,or they might be trying to eat with their families,they might have just had a Barney with the wife and be pissed off,i don't think you should expect them to be nice to everyone because they get paid well,talented people are not reality nobodies who have to spend all day doing selfies to stay in the public eye either

Haha, oh yes, that ‘nightclub’. The well renowned Bredders.
Dougie ‘legitimate businessman’ Flood’s place.

Snogged a copper I used to go to school with last time I was in there. She’ll be coming up for retirement (as a copper) now, assuming she did the full 30 years, which is fucking depressing.

Last edited:
It could never compete with the Boo
Edit or grab a granny night in the Acton court

lol, The Boo, don’t get me started! After doing ‘The North Face’ of the A6, ending up in there you were never at your best.
Never ventured to Acton Court, but did visit The Valley Lodge, Hamilton’s, and the mighty Quaffers. None could match Rotters of course, but boy they tried.

Yeah but you might be the tenth person that day asking for a pic or an autograph,or they might be trying to eat with their families,they might have just had a Barney with the wife and be pissed off,i don't think you should expect them to be nice to everyone because they get paid well,talented people are not reality nobodies who have to spend all day doing selfies to stay in the public eye either
Everyone should be allowed an off-day as well. People (inevitability) take these encounters as overwhelming evidence of the person’s character, but they frequently aren’t.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.