Neville slags City...

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
He's commented that clubs who get there business done early in the transfer window are run correctly, unlike City who are panic buying at the last minute. I read it somewhere yesterday but can't find the link now, did any one else see it? He's still a biased rag shit and anyone who's defended him on here should know now.

Isn't this what most people have been saying on here?
Personally speaking sometimes you have to do business late.
Take Garcia for example, when we went shopping we were quoted £24m, but when they realised they were going to get nowt the price came down the nearer the deadline got.
Also on the subject of panic buying surely shelling out £24m for a 29-year-old in the last year of his contract to stop him going to your neighbours is more a sign of panic/desperation?!!

He's commented that clubs who get there business done early in the transfer window are run correctly, unlike City who are panic buying at the last minute. I read it somewhere yesterday but can't find the link now, did any one else see it? He's still a biased rag shit and anyone who's defended him on here should know now.
He had a point. There is no reason why we couldn't get any of those last day buys in a month to six weeks ago, then they'd have had a pre-season with us to get used to how City play. Also, the ''slag City'' comment is misleading. It infers that we were the only club to be slagged. He was commenting on ''clubs'' (plural).

Did he mean the clubs that are buying or seling or both?

It's not like buying a car where you can just go trade it in. Do you sell early and then you have the cash to buy another player and risk ended up with no-one. Do you wait until you have another player lined up to replace the one you're selling - risking that your potential buyers have already bought someone else as they were worried that leaving it until the last minute ...................

I don't envy anyone involved in this merrygoround - other than the agents of course ;-)

I don't think Neville would be having a dig at City - just his opinion and it happens to be that we didn't do it his way. He's said plenty of positive things about us in the past.

City's problem is that nobody (club or player) will ever take an early offer because there's always that chance that they'll panic at the end and offer a ridiculous sum.

jimharri said:
He had a point. There is no reason why we couldn't get any of those last day buys in a month to six weeks ago, then they'd have had a pre-season with us to get used to how City play. Also, the ''slag City'' comment is misleading. It infers that we were the only club to be slagged. He was commenting on ''clubs'' (plural).

Because we weren't trying to sign most of them 6 weeks ago. We were just setting them up in case we had to give up on DeRossi etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.