Neville slags City...

To be honest the signings city have made dont make me think city are stronger i hope im proved wrong.

He is right to an extent. We left our transfer business dealings until the last minute and thats is no good at all.

I cannot see with our new CEO, Soriano, that it will happen again. Thats for sure.

Shut it Neville you twat.. what day did Berbatov sign for United ??

Taxi has been phoned,so put on yer duffle coat,tank top and sandles you fookin wally.

I took that as clubs panicking and buying players that don't fit them or paying far too much for incoming players or letting players go for way too little. Granted, I can see how it's interpreted as a timing issue, though.

why have you instantly assumed he is talking about City? I would imagine he is referring more to the clubs that seemingly had a scattergun approach, buying players without properly knowing who they wanted, just because they had deficiencies within their squad and its the last day to do something about it.

From what it looks like with city, you had your targets early and acquired them eventually, even though it was on the final day, which is a world away from what some clubs were doing yesterday.

I think he was just speaking in general, not having a go at City. But his point is stupid and it depends on context, selling clubs will wait til the very last minute to try and gain as much value as possible, it's a negotiation and simply a tactic. Yes, in a perfect world transfers would be done sooner but it takes two parties to push the deals through.

On Neville, I don't know why so many blues have fallen for his shit. He is just trying to be 'neutral' on tele to come across as a fair pundit. At the end of the day he hates us, and when he gets the chance he will show his true colours. Sometimes his got a decent opinion but there are plenty of others that do too.

Thanks for feeding the goat.

Neville Kneville said:
jimharri said:
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
He's commented that clubs who get there business done early in the transfer window are run correctly, unlike City who are panic buying at the last minute. I read it somewhere yesterday but can't find the link now, did any one else see it? He's still a biased rag shit and anyone who's defended him on here should know now.
He had a point. There is no reason why we couldn't get any of those last day buys in a month to six weeks ago, then they'd have had a pre-season with us to get used to how City play. Also, the ''slag City'' comment is misleading. It infers that we were the only club to be slagged. He was commenting on ''clubs'' (plural).

Because we weren't trying to sign most of them 6 weeks ago. We were just setting them up in case we had to give up on DeRossi etc.
You know that for certain? If you do, then fair enough. I retract the relevant part of my earlier comment.

If we'd signed all our new players on 1st July, would everyone be saying that we'd done a great job?

Or would they be saying that we should have been more patient, waited longer and tried harder to sign our 1st choices Martinez/De Rossi/Agger?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.