Neville Warning For League Champions City

Damocles said:
"Very rarely does a team run away with it"

"It's a tough league to win and the idea that a team will go and dominate, it's too early to start speculating about that."

"Manchester United have done it through the '90s and last 10 years, Liverpool did it in the 1970s and 1980s. It's very difficult to dominate over 15 to 20 years."

"The easiest thing to say, and I've heard it a lot of times before, is that City will dominate"

"If City had lost the league on the last day [last season] people would have been saying United will dominate.

"It happens every year, the sort of up and down reaction that we get. The reality is that there will always be a challenge to whoever will be champions."

"I think Manchester United will be up there again, I don't think anyone is kidding themselves over that."

"The manager being there obviously helps because he knows full well what it's been like to succeed, but also what failure has tasted like in this last 20 years - you can't win the league every year."

"The group of players that are there are also experienced and have been round the block so they know it is fine lines - you can't win every single game all the time and you will have disappointments. It's how you respond to that."

"All clubs have aspirations and Manchester United are no different. You realise that you are competing with other clubs and you can't be arrogant about that."

"It was the most calm tournament I have ever been part of. There wasn't a lot of euphoria or ridiculous expectation internally and externally."

"One day, as part of Roy's staff, I would like to be part of a regime that does win a trophy for England [but] there is work to do. I thought it was a good tournament. A good start, but we have to build on that now. We have to move forward to make sure we keep the things that were good in that tournament and improve on the things we can do better."

Okay, can somebody point out the bit that makes him a twat again?

Its not what he said but what he didnt say!!
I cant recall him ever saying that about the scum before each season started.

I knew it wouldn't be long before rat face returned back to type. Despite him being a very good pundit you can feel the bitterness in his voice, although he does not lay into us you can feel he would love to let rip.

Although to most he does come accross as being unbiased you can just feel that hatred with the undertones he tries throw in like the away form and bogey teams.

Bet get used to it rat boy we're here to stay, get used to it.

Can't disagree with anything that Neville says there to be honest. But who asked the question that he's answering? He is answering a claim made by other journalists - a claim that the vast majority of City fans don't make - most of us don't believe for a minute that we'll walk the league. We'd love it to happen but we know damn well it won't.

Yes we're good but even when we're clearly better than the rags we only just managed to get ahead of them to win the league. Probably because it's easier to chase than it is to win from the font. While chasing us they managed to do what was necessary to keep up with us but when they got in front they relaxed just a smidgeon and we had enough in the tank to then chase them down.

My estimations of Neville of definitely gone up since he has started working for sky. He talks from experience and with him being local he understand the rivalry. He is still a cock but his views are valid.

samharris said:
Damocles said:
"Very rarely does a team run away with it"

"It's a tough league to win and the idea that a team will go and dominate, it's too early to start speculating about that."

"Manchester United have done it through the '90s and last 10 years, Liverpool did it in the 1970s and 1980s. It's very difficult to dominate over 15 to 20 years."

"The easiest thing to say, and I've heard it a lot of times before, is that City will dominate"

"If City had lost the league on the last day [last season] people would have been saying United will dominate.

"It happens every year, the sort of up and down reaction that we get. The reality is that there will always be a challenge to whoever will be champions."

"I think Manchester United will be up there again, I don't think anyone is kidding themselves over that."

"The manager being there obviously helps because he knows full well what it's been like to succeed, but also what failure has tasted like in this last 20 years - you can't win the league every year."

"The group of players that are there are also experienced and have been round the block so they know it is fine lines - you can't win every single game all the time and you will have disappointments. It's how you respond to that."

"All clubs have aspirations and Manchester United are no different. You realise that you are competing with other clubs and you can't be arrogant about that."

"It was the most calm tournament I have ever been part of. There wasn't a lot of euphoria or ridiculous expectation internally and externally."

"One day, as part of Roy's staff, I would like to be part of a regime that does win a trophy for England [but] there is work to do. I thought it was a good tournament. A good start, but we have to build on that now. We have to move forward to make sure we keep the things that were good in that tournament and improve on the things we can do better."

Okay, can somebody point out the bit that makes him a twat again?

Its not what he said but what he didnt say!!
I cant recall him ever saying that about the scum before each season started.

He has been a pundit for how long now?

I am happy to see that we are able to put out feelings for him as a player aside and judge him based on the quality of his work.

I don't think any of us hated Hanson, Lawrenson or Shearer as players as much as we hated Neville, but how did they turn out as pundits? Honestly did any of you see it coming that they would be so dour, negative and generally lacking in football knowledge? Cos I didn't, well maybe Lawrenson.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.