Nevizade Street - 1 year ago today

We undoubtedly had the worse hotel in istanbul but that only adds to the incredible memories we have of the trip we were some of the lucky ones got back to the street at 2.30 having got a taxi driven by an extra from death race 2000 got to bed after light just the most wonderful trip didn't get home until Tues morning, did all the tourist stuff Monday and was well worth it.
Maybe not quite as bad as some of the Macclesfield lads, who arrived at their accommodation to find a fire engine and a burnt out building.

The whole treble experience with my son will live with me forever. Wembley was incredible, but nothing will top Istanbul.
Flew from Manchester and it cost a bloody fortune but I had a gut feeling it would be special.
We stayed in Sultanahmet and had a great night on Thursday in some random "Irish" pub with loads of other blues.
Friday night on Nevizade was off the clock and I can't put into words what that felt like after all the years we've had supporting our club......Still brings a tear to my eye.
Day of the final was back to the old town in the afternoon, loads of sun, beer and old school city lads having a laugh. Metro to the Attaturk ( thank God ) and a plastic bag full of Effes ( thanks to my scouse friends who tipped me off about the shit show in and around the ground). £8 for water in the stadium, 6ft banana confiscated, Sergio walking right past us, Rodri scored, went mad, calves cut to ribbons on the shit seats, metro back, more beers at 3.00 am, food at 5.00 am, up at 7.00 for the flight back.
Gutted I missed Nevizade on the Sunday but my lad had a GCSE on Monday so had to get home.
Best 8 days of my life..... Nevizade, thank you.

Set off on Monday to Budapest via Chareloi. Arrived in Istanbul Thursday evening. Despite having visited the city three or four times before, I just randomly booked a single room at £68 for four nights not realising that I was in the street next to Nevizade. Winner!
Friday night was raucous. After the game, we got back to Taksim at 3am. On the metro a mate says ‘Do you think there will be anywhere still open for food?’ Fuck! Everywhere was open, like it was Saturday afternoon. I saw someone getting their haircut. I stayed until Monday and managed another half a day in Budapest on the way home. As discussed previously by other Blues, everyone was impeccably behaved and believe that City’s useless Comms team missed a great PR opportunity there. They should have got a glowing review and quotes from the Mayor of Istanbul and plastered it everywhere. It would have bought us fans a lot of brownie points for the future. And tbh they missed another chance in Athens in August.
All in all there are certain things in life that you can’t put a price on and this trip was one of them.

Set off on Monday to Budapest via Chareloi. Arrived in Istanbul Thursday evening. Despite having visited the city three or four times before, I just randomly booked a single room at £68 for four nights not realising that I was in the street next to Nevizade. Winner!
Friday night was raucous. After the game, we got back to Taksim at 3am. On the metro a mate says ‘Do you think there will be anywhere still open for food?’ Fuck! Everywhere was open, like it was Saturday afternoon. I saw someone getting their haircut. I stayed until Monday and managed another half a day in Budapest on the way home. As discussed previously by other Blues, everyone was impeccably behaved and believe that City’s useless Comms team missed a great PR opportunity there. They should have got a glowing review and quotes from the Mayor of Istanbul and plastered it everywhere. It would have bought us fans a lot of brownie points for the future. And tbh they missed another chance in Athens in August.
All in all there are certain things in life that you can’t put a price on and this trip was one of them.
Spot on about the comms people - and Athens, that was another top trip!

I randomly discovered Nevizade on my way to Azerbaijan five years back. I was well looked after with some great hospitality (they know service ok) and I’m glad they made some money from City that weekend.

I don’t do ticketless travel but I really should’ve made an exception this time.

We got a taxi back to our hotel at 06:30 and there were traffic jams at that time on a Sunday morning! We couldn't have celebrated in a better place, it was lawless!!!
We got a taxi back to our apartment at about 6/7am after being in the centre celebrating. Our taxi couldn't take us all the way as there was a marathon on so Police had blocked the road. He did laps of the Fernabache ground till we give up and had to walk 3 miles back. Had about 2 hours sleep and went back out. Best weekend of my life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.