New “UEFA Financial Sustainability” rules

I’ve just read Swiss Ramble’s twitter summary.

Im far from an expert but understood two thirds of it so it’s worth a read.

The bottom line for me is if you are already rich you will mostly be fine but if you aren’t you'll struggle more.

From our point of view I think we are OK and some of the changes actually benefit us.It could have been a lot worse.

UEFA cannot come up with a rule now that hits us but not the history clubs. It’s pretty much too late to stop us but not others.

It makes more sense than FFP which isn’t saying much I know.
Yeah - FFPv1 was designed to hit the new rich but was starting to hit the establishment clubs who had hit hard times.

This is a bit more reasonable although still totally ignores debt. I doubt they will every go after debt as it has implications for the value of clubs. The type of deal the rags have suffered is wide placed in the world of business. If you own a business you dont want to agree to rules that limit potential buyers. Its a bit like owning a house and agreeing along with your neighbours you wont ever sell to someone who needs a mortgage. Its only going to reduce the value of houses in the street. So they will never materially limit the ability to load clubs with debt.

Ah, got it now. Thanks.
I think the losses allowance will help us in developing the business. A bit close on wages.

And the academy should help us with keeping in line with the "wages" rule.

I'm not that worried about any of this as far as City are concerned, tbh.

The only thing I would say is that some flexibility from UEFA is required on the "wages" thing. It's conceivable a club can plan players and wages to compete in the CL every year, but then miss out for one year. The "wages" ratio would shoot up, FFP failed, sanctions, screwed completely. Becomes a bit like Russian roulette.

Having read a bit more. Look at the implications for different clubs and ability to pay wages. As per these table. The percentage is key and has to come down to 70%. Arsenal look bad at 93% but then look at the big European clubs...

FWPQ3b6WYAM7dGu.jpg

FWPSDafWQAAL2pN.jpg

And the academy should help us with keeping in line with the "wages" rule.

I'm not that worried about any of this as far as City are concerned, tbh.

The only thing I would say is that some flexibility from UEFA is required on the "wages" thing. It's conceivable a club can plan players and wages to compete in the CL every year, but then miss out for one year. The "wages" ratio would shoot up, FFP failed, sanctions, screwed completely. Becomes a bit like Russian roulette.
Man United nods and waves vigorously

It is allowed and it won’t affect us.

Come on lads, these rules are much more watered down than ffp and won’t be an issue.

Accepting that I am paranoid about UEFA and their love for their favoured clubs, but I expect a shafting from the cunts at every given opportunity.

Not being seriously affected would be a massive change for us,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.