New Beady Eye song - Flick of the finger

Sheikh said:
Markt85 said:
Sheikh said:
Like Pink Floyd? Seriously?

Songbird and Hindu Times are dreadful.

There's no way you like Dylan, I'm not having it.

I have everyone of his albums, been listening to together through life this morning in the car - he sounds like his on his last breath but its still a great album , blonde on blonde will never be topped by anyone
Most of Dylan's albums are shit so you may have them on download as paying for them is madness.

Then again, you do seem loyal to acts even when they release crap so who knows?

Was buying them long before downloading was available, I agree there is a few horrendous albums mainly from the 80's

Markt85 said:
MCFC BOB said:
Sheikh said:
A truly dreadful album. All the signs were there with Be Here Now which could have been as decent/ordinary as WTSMG?. Sadly, there were too many tracks on it and I always thought All Around the World was a piss take.
Definitely Maybe > (What's the Story) Morning Glory? > Don't Believe the Truth > Be Here Now > Dig Out Your Soul > Heathen Chemistry > Standing On the Shoulders of Giants.

Definitely Maybe > The Masterplan > Morning Glory > Be Here Now > Heathen Chemistry > SOTSOG > Don't beleive the truth > Dig Out Your Soul

You two are both seriously underrating Dig Out Your Soul. I'd listen to that over Morning Glory.

liamctid said:
Markt85 said:
MCFC BOB said:
Definitely Maybe > (What's the Story) Morning Glory? > Don't Believe the Truth > Be Here Now > Dig Out Your Soul > Heathen Chemistry > Standing On the Shoulders of Giants.

Definitely Maybe > The Masterplan > Morning Glory > Be Here Now > Heathen Chemistry > SOTSOG > Don't beleive the truth > Dig Out Your Soul

You two are both seriously underrating Dig Out Your Soul. I'd listen to that over Morning Glory.

I listen to Be Here Now, more than any of the other albums.

Markt85 said:
MCFC BOB said:
I like to listen to as much music as possible and therefore discuss as much music as possible.

Go on then bob , you know my taste in music now - Oasis, Rolling Stones and Dylan are my top 3 , recommend me some new bands 2005 onwards who I will like and I'll given them a try as admittedly I don't have much time for music now days.
I'll just list some bands I've gotten into over the past few months/years.

DISCLAIMER - you will most likely know some of these:

Ben Howard - He was nominated for the Mercury Prize Award in 2012 following the release of his debut album Every Kingdom. Style: acoustic, pop, folk.

Queens of the Stone Age - Have just released their new album ...Like Clockwork, their first in a while. Have also released a highly regarded classic called Songs for the Deaf. Style: garage rock, hard rock.

Tame Impala - Topped several critics lists last year with their second album Lonerism, have been compared to early Pink Floyd and mid-60s The Beatles. Style: indie rock, psychedelic rock, pop.

Arcade Fire - Have topped critics lists pretty much each year they've released an album. One of the most gloriously consistent bands of the last ten years. Style: indie rock, baroque pop, art rock.

Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Have just released their second album, II, and are about to embark on a UK tour. Style: indie rock, psychedelic rock.

My Bloody Valentine - Their second album Loveless is widely regarded as a seminal release in indie rock music and recently released their first album in over 20 years to widespread critical acclaim. Style: indie rock, shoegaze, dream pop.

Arctic Monkeys - You must know who this lot are, right? I don't think they need too much of an explanation, other than that their first two albums are potential classics. Style: indie rock, pop.

Bon Iver - Two albums released to huge critical acclaim and various accolades. Quite a dreamy sound, have been covered by that fucking Birdy. Style: indie, folk, pop.

Django Django - A band from the UK that received a Mercury Prize nomination last year for their self-titled debut album, and were rewarded with critical acclaim from both sides of the Atlantic. Style: indie pop, rock.

LCD Soundsystem - A short-lived experiment in the end, James Murphy's plaything throughout their existence, their mark has certainly been left with three stunning albums. Style: rock, dance, disco, pop.

Little Racer - They've only released a couple of singles so far, but in their single "Split for the Coast" you can hear early The Beatles and even earlier The Beach Boys. Style: indie pop, rock, jangle pop.

The Drums - I'd say it was only worth listening to their first album, but you make your own mind up. Their first album's first 7 tracks are an absolute breeze and a lot of fun. Style: indie pop, surf pop.

M83 - A French band that have had singles used extensively in the press. Their last album Hurry Up, We're Dreaming was released to wide critical acclaim in 2011. Style: rock, pop, electronic.

Enjoy.

MCFC BOB said:
Markt85 said:
MCFC BOB said:
I like to listen to as much music as possible and therefore discuss as much music as possible.

Go on then bob , you know my taste in music now - Oasis, Rolling Stones and Dylan are my top 3 , recommend me some new bands 2005 onwards who I will like and I'll given them a try as admittedly I don't have much time for music now days.

Ben Howard - He was nominated for the Mercury Prize Award in 2012 following the release of his debut album Every Kingdom. Style: acoustic, pop, folk.

Queens of the Stone Age - Have just released their new album ...Like Clockwork, their first in a while. Have also released a highly regarded classic called Songs for the Deaf. Style: garage rock, hard rock.

Tame Impala - Topped several critics lists last year with their second album Lonerism, have been compared to early Pink Floyd and mid-60s The Beatles. Style: indie rock, psychedelic rock, pop.

Arcade Fire - Have topped critics lists pretty much each year they've released an album. One of the most gloriously consistent bands of the last ten years. Style: indie rock, baroque pop, art rock.

Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Have just released their second album, II, and are about to embark on a UK tour. Style: indie rock, psychedelic rock.

My Bloody Valentine - Their second album Loveless is widely regarded as a seminal release in indie rock music and recently released their first album in over 20 years to widespread critical acclaim. Style: indie rock, shoegaze, dream pop.

Arctic Monkeys - You must know who this lot are, right? I don't think they need too much of an explanation, other than that their first two albums are potential classics. Style: indie rock, pop.

Bon Iver - Two albums released to huge critical acclaim and various accolades. Quite a dreamy sound, have been covered by that fucking Birdy. Style: indie, folk, pop.

Django Django - A band from the UK that received a Mercury Prize nomination last year for their self-titled debut album, and were rewarded with critical acclaim from both sides of the Atlantic. Style: indie pop, rock.

LCD Soundsystem - A short-lived experiment in the end, James Murphy's plaything throughout their existence, their mark has certainly been left with three stunning albums. Style: rock, dance, disco, pop.

Little Racer - They've only released a couple of singles so far, but in their single "Split for the Coast" you can hear early The Beatles and even earlier The Beach Boys. Style: indie pop, rock, jangle pop.

The Drums - I'd say it was only worth listening to their first album, but you make your own mind up. Their first album's first 7 tracks are an absolute breeze and a lot of fun. Style: indie pop, surf pop.

M83 - A French band that have had singles used extensively in the press. Their last album Hurry Up, We're Dreaming was released to wide critical acclaim in 2011. Style: rock, pop, electronic.

Enjoy.

cheers babe, i have Arctic Monkeys first 2 albums. Arcade Fire i like there singles. will give the others a try

MCFC BOB said:
Markt85 said:
MCFC BOB said:

Enjoy.

Ben Howard! Stopped reading at that point. Dont tell me you like James Blunt as well? Awful.

I'm not Ben Howard's biggest fan, I just thought he'd be to Mark's tastes.

I'm not James Blunt's biggest fan at all - I think he's a fairly average singer, guitarist and songwriter. I've never been excited or annoyed at anything he's ever done, he's just existed.

-
As for this new Beady Eye album, 'Flick of the Finger' is the best song on a very poor album full of yet more songs that sound like Oasis c-sides.

Super David Silva 21 said:
Off at the next exit.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89UBQcilf_Q[/youtube]

What a pile of shite, a fucking 3 year old could have written that!! I used to love LG's voice, now it just grates and winds me up. FFS give it up mate and remember the good times while sitting on your enormous pile of cash!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.