New Beady Eye song - Flick of the finger

MCFC BOB said:
I'll do a deal.

I'll listen to Oasis' albums chronologically again over the next month to see if my opinion on them has changed and I'll let you know what I think. It's been a while since I listened to any of their stuff intentionally (barring their first two albums) so my thoughts on some of their stuff could have changed.

I'll get back to you.

I dont think anyone is that arsed. Its your opinion and i would say most people wont lose any sleep over it. Dont waste your own time listening to a band you know you dont like! You know how Oasis sound, you could probably make up your own Oasis-by-numbers song in your head right now!
I dont like Oasis or Beady Eye either, i agree with a lot of what you're saying, but do yourself a favour at least and dont listen to all their albums!

MCFC BOB said:
But what good is a forum without debate? Without me this thread would have reached 10 pages.

No it wouldn't

People have continued to post about every release and all have given there approval except the music guru that is yourself

MCFC BOB said:
But what good is a forum without debate? Without me this thread would have reached 10 pages.

Fair enough if you want to share your opinion. But every thread (and I mean every) that oasis/beady eye/HFB get mentioned in, you bring up the same points and the thread becomes an argument that no one will win....it just goes round in circles. You're not going to change your mind....we aren't going to change ours. Everyone knows how you feel about them....just let it be.

Back on topic, I am not hugely impressed by Beady Eye. I liked their first album for a few weeks but I haven't really listened to it since then. Haven't listened to their new album yet because their singles haven't really done it for me. They're OK but I'm still more than happy to listen to oasis on a (very) regular basis.

Dig Out Your Soul is a tremendous album...as is the "bonus/remix" album that came with it. I reckon it was true sign of the direction they were heading....in which Noel G has now gone.

As a huge oasis fan its quite obvious their time has come and gone. Very much a band of the moment...albeit a moment that was a fairly long time.

AlexWilliamsGloves said:
Dig Out Your Soul is a tremendous album...as is the "bonus/remix" album that came with it. I reckon it was true sign of the direction they were heading....in which Noel G has now gone.

As a huge oasis fan its quite obvious their time has come and gone. Very much a band of the moment...albeit a moment that was a fairly long time.

Yeah that album showed some subtle and not so subtle changes to the way they were doing things and it seemed a bit of a rebirth of sorts.

The trouble with Be Here Now was that it's mastered poorly and every song lasts 5 minutes. I like a lot of the stuff on it but they could have shaved half an hour off the by cutting every tracks outro to beneath 1 minute.

Standing, Heathen, Don't and Dig we're all albums which had some excellent stuff on and also some horrible paint by numbers power ballads. But that good was good enough that I happily ignored the bad.

Blur evolved indeed, and I've heard you talk up "Think Tank" before - and it's a load of bollocks.

If you'd rather listen to that than "Modern Life is Rubbish" because they 'evolved' or whatever then you're listening to music for the wrong reasons, in my opinion. It's not fucking Pokemon.

Beady Eye guitarist Gem Archer is in hospital after an accident caused him to suffer a "severe head trauma".

A post on the band's official website confirmed the cancellation of shows as a result of his injury.

"He is currently in a stable condition but continues to stay in hospital under observation," the statement says.

"His family, friends and bandmates thank everyone who have sent messages of support and well wishes so far and hope to see him back on his feet soon."

There are no further details of the accident, which took place on Thursday 1 August, however an update on his condition is promised.

The gigs they have cancelled were due to take place in Belgium and Japan.
Beady Eye at Glastonbury

Along with Gem, Beady Eye features lead singer Liam Gallagher and guitarist Andy Bell, who all found fame in Oasis, along with Liam's brother Noel.
Continue reading the main story

His family, friends and bandmates thank everyone who have sent messages of support and well wishes so far and hope to see him back on his feet soon

Beady Eye statement

Former Kasabian guitarist Jay Mehler joined the group earlier this year.

Beady Eye's second album, BE, was released on 10 June.

They worked with Yeah Yeah Yeahs producer Dave Sitek, who Liam described as "without a doubt the best producer I've ever worked with, a real outlaw".

He added: "When we were writing it, we really got our heads down - clear heads."

The band has featured on a number of festival line-ups this year, including T in the Park and Glastonbury.

They are due to perform at V Festival on 17 August.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/23584643" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/23584643</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.