New Beatles song released

I remember Stannage playing nothing but the Beatles for about 3 hours on Piccadilly one Xmas about thirty years ago.
Really brought home to me the range and quality of their stuff.
Up til then I'd just viewed them as overrated.

There was a version as a bonus track on a remastered Lennon LP years ago. It will be interesting to see what they have done with it. Shame they never redone Grow Old with me, maybe it has been covered too much. I liked free as a bird but thought Real Love was a poor effort despite being a better song

On a different note, not sure who picked the songs for the expanded red and blue albums. Some strange choices and ommisons IMO, perhaps it's based on Spotify /iTunes data

I've listened to a lot of new music over the last 40 years or so, since I was a pre teen under the blanket with my little radio tuned in to lux or peel.
I was aware of the beatles, of course I was, but at no point did I think any band, thousands of them, were trying to recreate them, or were influenced by them.
If anything, bands were trying to distance themselves from that sound, as generations tend to do.
I really struggle to understand why they are so revered.
A part of music history, yes.
A major influence, not for me.

Some things are best left where they belong.
They were very much of the time, wrote some good tunes but were massively overhyped, and remain so today.
Even McCartney said they were just a decent beat combo, and he was right.
Most of there stuff was either generic pop, or drug fuelled nonsense.
Add the scouse elevate and worship factor, and there you have it.
The original boy band, who had a bit of talent, but are no where near as good as people often suggest.
Right time, right place.
The matching suits, haircuts, etc, didn't happen by accident.
I find most of their well known material generic, populist jang a lang shite. They probably invented it.
They knew what they were doing, and I don't fault them for that.
I don't get the adulation, never have, never will.
How many bands did the beatles actually influence directly? Not many thankfully.
Having said that, each to there own, but not for me
I can understand these criticisms but some of the music is just timeless and beautiful

Listen to the harmonies on this wacky cover version....mmmm

They were very much of the time, wrote some good tunes but were massively overhyped, and remain so today.
The original boy band, who had a bit of talent, but are no where near as good as people often suggest.
Right time, right place.
I find most of their well known material generic, populist jang a lang shite. They probably invented it.
How many bands did the beatles actually influence directly? Not many thankfully.

Oasis?

Are the 'hugely influential' claims not more on pop culture rather than music itself.

Right time, right place.

Hey - a bit less of that. The Beatles are true legends. Face it they were 4 working class Liverpudlians with no formal music training who conquered the world and aspired to become the greatest band in history.. Fans from all corners of the globe still play their music - including many standards: Yesterday, Eleanor Rigby, Let It Be, The Long and Winding Road, Hey Jude, I wanna hold your hand - the list goes on and on. Their fame lives on after over 60 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.