New car park rules a farce

Has anyone got any idea what was going on with parking at Asda today? The velodrome was shut to football parking (even though the blokes on the gate on Tuesday and Wednesday both said it would be open) so we turn up at Asda and a guy in an orange high vis says he's employed by the club to tell us Asda is not available for football parking and we should go to the Blue car park at the Etihad.
Asked in Asda they said they didn't know anything about it or who he was.
That would be the same bloke with the clip board who said to me to park on the Blue Car park or you can bung me a fiver and park here, I opted for the Blue Car park , as it seemed well dodgy.

Cars should be banned for a 3 mile radius of the ground for 3 hours before kickoff to 2 hours after the final whistle.
This would encourage people to use public transport, drink and make more noise.
With the increase in usage of public transport, the authorities would then be forced to increase its effectiveness and the club would make more money through increased pints sold in City Square.

Need to sort the tram out or there will be a riot

Need to sort the tram out or there will be a riot
Increased size of City Square over were the current car parks are will mean fans will stay behind after the game to support a few pints while the queues for the trams and buses lessens.
In fact, no transport for 30 minutes after the final whistle to stop people leaving early.

Interesting idea but perhaps some can't stay that long after the match, maybe have young families to go back to or live further afield these days?

If the police and authority adjusted traffic light priorities post game there would be no problems at all. They don't so it will always be shite.

If the police and authority adjusted traffic light priorities post game there would be no problems at all. They don't so it will always be shite.

they do, plenty of wankers in Hi-viz in traffic light boxes pressing random buttons it seems.

Cars should be banned for a 3 mile radius of the ground for 3 hours before kickoff to 2 hours after the final whistle.
This would encourage people to use public transport, drink and make more noise.
With the increase in usage of public transport, the authorities would then be forced to increase its effectiveness and the club would make more money through increased pints sold in City Square.

I spoke with a mate on the phone when on the way to the stadium, he said he was outside Summerbee's bar at City Square and couldn't get in as it was packed

I have also noticed this season that the road on which I park (about ten mins walk) there are more cars finding their way onto it and because they have, I hope that the residents don't ask the council to include it into the residents only parking zone!!

they do, plenty of wankers in Hi-viz in traffic light boxes pressing random buttons it seems.
Quite, doing it randomly without thought to what happens elsewhere is probably worse than doing nothing at all!
I'll re-phrase that then...
If the police and authority adjusted traffic light priorities to a proper automated tested plan post game there would be no problems at all. They don't so it will always be shite.

Increased size of City Square over were the current car parks are will mean fans will stay behind after the game to support a few pints while the queues for the trams and buses lessens.
In fact, no transport for 30 minutes after the final whistle to stop people leaving early.

Brilliant solution - why not lock people into the ground , that should help ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.