New car park rules a farce

I've been parking on there a couple seasons now and noticed on our first game of the season it was different people running it, I hope they've haven't packed it in already it's a handy place to park Asda is.

My wife has mobility issues and I would appreciate some advice to using the tram from Audenshaw or Ashton Moss. I would be coming of the M60 and having to park. I see that Ashton Moss has free parking but only for 200 places...

How crowded is the tram on match day and are the other parking spaces available near a tram station and the M60

Thanks for any replies.

My wife has mobility issues and I would appreciate some advice to using the tram from Audenshaw or Ashton Moss. I would be coming of the M60 and having to park. I see that Ashton Moss has free parking but only for 200 places...

How crowded is the tram on match day and are the other parking spaces available near a tram station and the M60

Thanks for any replies.
Trams are usually very full going to the ground from Ashton and after the game they tend to put on single units leading to a free for all getting on.
Total chaos on the tram on way back to Ashton and people are crammed in like sardines.
If you wait for 20-30 minutes after the game has finished before you make your way to tram you should avoid the crush.
Metrolink need to get it sorted but we said same thing last season too.

Car parks north of Joe Mercer way? That system they've changed is dangerous - pedestrians and cars all over the place crossing each other.

Yesterday they were stopping those of us who had made the long walk round the gasometer car park, in order to let cars out. But many fans had simply ignored the new instructions and were walking through the car park as before and were just being allowed out without any bother. If they allow that then the numbers walking through the car park will just increase to the point that the cars will not be able to get out safely.

you want to try getting out of the south stand top tier from the back.....the whole ground has almost emptied by the time we even start to move. terrible design.

Complete shambles with three or four streams of traffic competing for one ramp. Needs a serious rethink.

Doesn't help that the tram home is so badly run, need much better public transport on match day, and better flow of traffic leaving the ground.

I've posted this before m but the first time I went to watch Hertha in Berlin, I arrived at the station just as the train was pulling out and I expected to have to wait ten minutes or so for the next one to arrive, but another train drew up at the platform almost immediately.

Admittedly, it was a branch line and therefore easier to have trains waiting, but GMT, or whatever it's called, should be able to do a better job than it is at present.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.