New City Away Kit to be revealed tonight?

jjeangi said:
Falz said:
jjeangi said:
When will we find out about the home kit?

Someone said something about a soundwave design...wtf? I don't like the sound of that already

Same.
Same it kit? Nah it can't be...That's so underwhelming if true
It's not the same, we're definitely getting a new one.

I think he meant same as in he'd also heard that.

jjeangi said:
Falz said:
jjeangi said:

Someone said something about a soundwave design...wtf? I don't like the sound of that already

Same.
Same it kit? Nah it can't be...That's so underwhelming if true

Noooo... 'Same' as in 'I also don't like the sound of this soundwave bullshit'

Crouchy said:
daveduke67 said:
jimharri said:
tony_book_facup.ashx

You reckon?

And who did Malcolm Allison copy that from?

Learn your history young man!!!

Historically it is a kit we have used is it not? And personally i see it as a fitting tribute to Nelly, the shirt we wore when we last won a trophy, moving forward yet not forgetting where we came from

Allison took the idea as AC were the top team around then. Figured copying the kit might instill a good mentality.

because of the stripes it took me a while to see which proportion had changed, the short sleeve itself is flared and even shorter than past s/s's. It will be well liked in Turtle town or anyone auditioning for Grease (have you seen me bicep recently?). The dark blue one all of a sudden looks class.

Falz said:
jjeangi said:

Same.

It was said a while ago on here by a poster but he later got rid of it! A lot more interesting now though!!
Home - Apparently, this is the same shade of blue with a V neck collar. Across the stomach is the sound wave of the song 'City till i die' in a slight darker shade of blue (my first thoughts were that this could be horrible)

Away - Red and black stripes, supposed to be seemless so when you lift your arms in the air, the strips continue to run through straight, and not new stripes for the arms.

He might have been fibbing but time will tell

already got 1 out of 2

Crouchy said:
daveduke67 said:
jimharri said:
tony_book_facup.ashx

You reckon?

Historically it is a kit we have used is it not? And personally i see it as a fitting tribute to Nelly, the shirt we wore when we last won a trophy, moving forward yet not forgetting where we came from

I'm just saying that when I see red and black stripes I think AC Milan - I'm well aware we wore it a couple of times but, until this seasons FA Cup run, it wasn't something really strongly associated with City for me. I know we won the cup wearing it but it just reminds me of another club first. Same if we had green and white hoops - it'd be Citys away colours but you'd think of Celtic as soon as you saw it. Thats what happens when I see the red and black - AC then City - can't help it!

There are some combinations that are instantly recognised as certain clubs - scarlet and blue Barca, all white Real madrid - I just think that combination of black and red is strongly associated with another club. Our others havent been as strongly linked with anyone else - the dark blue, the white with back and red sash, purple, black and red squares, all maroon, yellow and blue stripes etc.

daveduke67 said:
Crouchy said:
daveduke67 said:

I'm just saying that when I see red and black stripes I think AC Milan - I'm well aware we wore it a couple of times but, until this seasons FA Cup run, it wasn't something really strongly associated with City for me. I know we won the cup wearing it but it just reminds me of another club first. Same if we had green and white hoops - it'd be Citys away colours but you'd think of Celtic as soon as you saw it. Thats what happens when I see the red and black - AC then City - can't help it!

There are some combinations that are instantly recognised as certain clubs - scarlet and blue Barca, all white Real madrid - I just think that combination of black and red is strongly associated with another club. Our others havent been as strongly linked with anyone else - the dark blue, the white with back and red sash, purple, black and red squares, all maroon, yellow and blue stripes etc.

Hang on though..what about when we had it as our away kit in 81 (paul power) or when we had it in the early 90's ( Rosler), or when we were promoted at Blackburn ( Kennedy, Dickov etc), or even when we had it as our first reebok away ( anelka)....I'd say that was pretty strongly associated, wouldn't you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.