New City Away Kit to be revealed tonight?

blueshortshorts said:
daveduke67 said:
Crouchy said:
Historically it is a kit we have used is it not? And personally i see it as a fitting tribute to Nelly, the shirt we wore when we last won a trophy, moving forward yet not forgetting where we came from

I'm just saying that when I see red and black stripes I think AC Milan - I'm well aware we wore it a couple of times but, until this seasons FA Cup run, it wasn't something really strongly associated with City for me. I know we won the cup wearing it but it just reminds me of another club first. Same if we had green and white hoops - it'd be Citys away colours but you'd think of Celtic as soon as you saw it. Thats what happens when I see the red and black - AC then City - can't help it!

There are some combinations that are instantly recognised as certain clubs - scarlet and blue Barca, all white Real madrid - I just think that combination of black and red is strongly associated with another club. Our others havent been as strongly linked with anyone else - the dark blue, the white with back and red sash, purple, black and red squares, all maroon, yellow and blue stripes etc.

Hang on though..what about when we had it as our away kit in 81 (paul power) or when we had it in the early 90's ( Rosler), or when we were promoted at Blackburn ( Kennedy, Dickov etc), or even when we had it as our first reebok away ( anelka)....I'd say that was pretty strongly associated, wouldn't you?

More recently..

article-1172778-04A7E605000005DC-138_468x352.jpg

I cant understand people saying they don't like it as it looks like AC Milan. Our 3rd kit this season looked like River Plates (red and black instead of just a red stripe) but nothing was said.

Its a kit that is traditional to us.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
I cant understand people saying they don't like it as it looks like AC Milan. Our 3rd kit this season looked like River Plates (red and black instead of just a red stripe) but nothing was said.

Hardly think that River Plate is comparable to AC Milan in terms of world fame;-)
I know we've had it before but what I'm saying is that combination is recognised worlwide as AC Milan - same as yellow shirt and blue shorts is Brazil and not Sheffield Wednesday away circa mid 1990's. QPR's third kit is green and white hoops - that conjurs up Celtic straight away. Some clubs 'own' the colours and red and black stripes are owned by Milan in my opinion. Obvioulsy a lot of people don't agree and I respect that. Be pretty boring on here if everytime someone posted a thread the next twenty pages were all saying - yes I agree entirely with that statement.

White with a red stripe reminds me of Peru - only because I had it as a Subbuteo team.

daveduke67 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:

Hardly think that River Plate is comparable to AC Milan in terms of world fame;-)
I know we've had it before but what I'm saying is that combination is recognised worlwide as AC Milan - same as yellow shirt and blue shorts is Brazil and not Sheffield Wednesday away circa mid 1990's. QPR's third kit is green and white hoops - that conjurs up Celtic straight away. Some clubs 'own' the colours and red and black stripes are owned by Milan in my opinion. Obvioulsy a lot of people don't agree and I respect that. Be pretty boring on here if everytime someone posted a thread the next twenty pages were all saying - yes I agree entirely with that statement.

White with a red stripe reminds me of Peru - only because I had it as a Subbuteo team.

Who cares? Juventus based their kit on Notts County's. True story. It's part of their history. Just like Malcolm Allison adopting AC Milan's kit as our away kit in the hope that it would make us play like them, is part of ours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.