New City Away Kit to be revealed tonight?

I think the total package is a stunner. I'm not sure it's the best red and black they could have produced. keeping the sleeves running the normal way and the black collar are really the only minor quibbles but on the whole the kit looks fantastic.

the stripes are just right. the color is perfect. I like the use of gold and I like the fit. I also like that they didn't use white anywhere and it looks more City than Milan.

top kit!

I just don't know why they couldn't have made the sleeves normal? Oh well perhaps they'll grow on me. And I'm still not sure if the Etihad logo'd look better in white - though I'm all for the gold Umbro logo.

I might just get a third shirt instead.

Vonk's Konk said:
The players were waering the long sleeve, it is just the same, but all black past the elbow.
I thought they were wearing black undergarments.

For those who want to know about the "hooped" arms

VinceYoungisaBLUE said:
from umbro site...

"The inspiration for the 2011/2012 Manchester City away kit is taken from the most famous shirt in the club’s history – the black and red shirt worn in 1969 and 1970 during which time Manchester City won the FA Cup, League Cup and European Cup Winners Cup.

To achieve the ‘tailored’ Umbro look for the 2011/2012 away shirt, the Umbro kit designers draped black and red fabric over the silhouette of the modern day ‘arms out’ goal celebration.

The shirt is designed so that when a player celebrates a goal or links arms with team mates, the black and red stripe remains consistent. For this reason, there is no seam on the underarm as traditionally stitching can distort the shape and flow of a stripe.

The stripe width on the shirt was inspired by the old 1969 kit. The long sleeve version features an all-black forearm so that there is a unified stripe-look when the players link arms in goal celebrations.
The club crest and sponsor detail is key-lined in gold in order to give standout against the black and red. Black stitching."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.