New City fan: what should I know?

Resurrection

So I've been hanging around here reading and throwing in some comments where I can, I've also watched the movie "Blue Moon Rising". As a new City supporter, what should I know?

Some background on me... I'm Canadian and (of course) love hockey. My grandparents on my Mothers side (Ukrainian) were displaced by WW2 and met in Manchester. It's there my Mom was born and just a few years later they sailed for Canada and a new life. So I feel an affinity for Manchester and couldn't see myself being a Reds fan (they seem like real spoiled brats to me). Now with our cable showing so many BPL matches I can actually choose a side and follow a club, which I think is far more fun than just following the league as a whole.

Oh and I also wonder too when they release the schedule each year for the Premiership, how many months in advance. I'm getting married next year and my fiancee has agreed to see a football match in Europe on our way to the honeymoon.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhyMBoQ93IY[/video]

Here you go bud...

Underdog kid is a Blue.
Spoilt cocky shit is a Rag.

not so good for acting and so on but the storyline is there... maine road too :)

Welcome resurrection.
The first thing you should know is that you are amongst the luckiest people in the world to have been called as a blue.
Secondly you are amongst the luckiest people in the world to have been called as a blue .
Thirdly , you are amongst the ...... Well you get the picture !
And don't forget -all rags( that's reds) are scum.
Life is quite simple really!

Glory hunter.

If you want to be really cool you need to support a non - league team or maybe West Ham or Everton.

If you are certain that City is the team for you, any conversation you have with an opposing supporter you must throw into the conversation that you were with the 78,000 who made the journey to York (away).

Do not worry about logistics such as being in Canada or the fact that you were only six years old; read the match reports and sound convincing:

It worked for me.

mick10 said:
Why a fan after all these years? Just wondering and welcome aboard the roller coaster.

our local sports networks have expanded coverage very rapidly of football in europe. its not difficult to watch the epl anymore as it used to be, and i dont have to shell out big bucks. actually last few years ive been watching a lot of serie A and premier league matches. i find i enjoy sports more when im invested in a team. im a very hardcore winnipeg jets fan (born winnipegger) and now i needed an epl team. city fits the bill as i wanted to cheer for a manchester team due to family ties, and the reds are a bunch of spoiled little brats.

Resurrection said:
So I've been hanging around here reading and throwing in some comments where I can, I've also watched the movie "Blue Moon Rising". As a new City supporter, what should I know?

Some background on me... I'm Canadian and (of course) love hockey. My grandparents on my Mothers side (Ukrainian) were displaced by WW2 and met in Manchester. It's there my Mom was born and just a few years later they sailed for Canada and a new life. So I feel an affinity for Manchester and couldn't see myself being a Reds fan (they seem like real spoiled brats to me). Now with our cable showing so many BPL matches I can actually choose a side and follow a club, which I think is far more fun than just following the league as a whole.

Oh and I also wonder too when they release the schedule each year for the Premiership, how many months in advance. I'm getting married next year and my fiancee has agreed to see a football match in Europe on our way to the honeymoon.

Premier League fixtures are always released in the middle of June, about two months before the season starts.

As for what you should know: I'm sure enough people will have their own things to say, but I think most here would agree that what has shaped us as City fans is our history. Read up on the club's history - all the stuff that happened before the takeover in 2008 - and bear in mind that, unlike the fans of most top clubs, we believe that our history in the times when we were not winning trophies is just as important, if not moreso, than remembering the cups we have lifted. If United or Liverpool ever went down to the third tier and struggled to get out of it again you can bet that their fans would be doing their best to forget it ever happened as soon as it was over, but I think most here would claim that the 1999 Play-off final was the most important match in our history, and one of our happiest moments as fans. Indeed, I think many would say that the club's roller-coaster history is one of the things which endears us as fans to the club that we support.

Welcome to the family.

Give it 3 years, you will realise we don't do anything the easy way and your blood pressure will be through the roof.

Resurrection said:
mick10 said:
Why a fan after all these years? Just wondering and welcome aboard the roller coaster.

our local sports networks have expanded coverage very rapidly of football in europe. its not difficult to watch the epl anymore as it used to be, and i dont have to shell out big bucks. actually last few years ive been watching a lot of serie A and premier league matches. i find i enjoy sports more when im invested in a team. im a very hardcore winnipeg jets fan (born winnipegger) and now i needed an epl team. city fits the bill as i wanted to cheer for a manchester team due to family ties, and the reds are a bunch of spoiled little brats.
Oh you're far to nice on your opinion of the scum. That'll need to change ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.