New City fan: what should I know?

Don't worry about the comments you'll probably get about being a "gloryhunter" or a jonny-come-lately etc...

Just enjoy the football, but please remember this - always support your team, no matter what the weather is.
Whether we win, lose or draw...

Whether we are bad or good.
Whether we are owned by rich Arabian Muslims or a Judaism following Accountant
Once a Blue.... Always a Blue.

BlueTG said:
Welcome to the family.

Give it 3 years, you will realise we don't do anything the easy way and your blood pressure will be through the roof.

I don't know, that QPR match wasn't the least bit nervy.

I would add this: it is great when we get to 40 pts!

Seriously though, we have a radio channel in the UK (TalkSport) and the other day they spent 35 minutes on the drivetime show slagging off City and the fact the fans still "fear the worst", hence our under achievement in Europe!

I was getting a little irate (throwing stuff at my radio) then I realised - they had spent like 35 minutes talking about my team, right at the top of the show! Furthermore, 'my team' are usually on satellite TV & all over the back pages of our press, it is amazing, I still can't hardly believe it.

11 years ago my son was born & my first words to him were "Manchester City, Manchester City", over and over - because my wife and her family were all for Man Utd. so I had to make a stand. They thought it was funny and 'cute' because we were a bit sh1t back then.

Guess who's laughing now! I have two sons and the wife is now my ex-wife, but my kids are City through and through and that is good.

You have made a good choice, but stick with it, there will be bad times and good.

Being from Manchester it would be easy for most blues to become reds even though the reds do play out of Manchester. We would have got away with that, however we stuck with City instead. If there's anything about us blues that makes us different is we've taken the tough walk of a football era, we could have crept aboard the rag fest, but we chose our bed, layed in it and refused the easy route. We took it on the chin.

Loyalty isn't buying a winning shirt or celebrating success, loyalty is putting your soul into something and following it without a second glance no matter how much it dissapoints and that's what we've done.

Each and everyone of us have lived with disappointment, failure and ridicule. We could have easily changed and chased the fortunes of others, but we didn't were blue.

We're all a bit fooking stupid and stuborn if you ask me...

I hope that helps.

Research and learn the list of cunts off by heart. These range from dancing twats to god bothering mullet wearers. Dodgy tv salesmen with even dodgier combovers to corrupt butchers who like to poison the young and the sick for the sake of profit.
The list of heroes is a bit shorter and much easier to learn, but they shine all the more for it.
We have a history that is rich and varied. From tragicomedy to iconic moments of sporting history.
Any book by Gary James is good place to start.

Read our history, empathise with the absolute crap we have had to endure over the decades, and marvel at our new found excellence.

Some of us, like myself and more than a few others, have to pinch ourselves when we are watching players like Aguero and Silva weaving their magic.

It wasn't always so good.

Welcome to the Blue family my friend, but never, ever, fail to appreciate what it was like being a blue years ago.

It's an easy ride these days. It was more than a bit bumpy not so long ago, and our history binds us together.

Once a blue, always a blue, and that goes for the good times as well as the bad.

City fans always look 20 years older than they really are. We always let on to each other if we see the shirt. We always moan about this player or that player, but if someone else does it, beware. Fans of other teams think they support the best team on the planet. They think it ! We know we do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.