New CL Format | Thoughts after 2 games (pg13)

Nah this format is great. I don't remember the last time we had such a greay day in UCL. Aston-Bayern, Lille-Madrid, Leipzig- Juve, Benfica-Atleti, even Liverpool-Bologna were all fantastic matches. You would be lucky to get 1 or 2 with the last format.

Not only that, but the last day will be exciting for 90% of the teams, and doing really well in the group stages is more rewarding now. If you just watch one team, it might not be as exciting, but if you love to watch other teams, this is by far the superior format.

I honestly find the champions league fucking boring. Don’t get me wrong we’ve had some great nights and winning it was the icing on the cake, however premier league all day

What's the gig with City and Bayern BTW? I was checking out a Bayern group on Reddit and they were calling City a boring team on there - saying Villa vs City must be the most boring match in the PL (referencing Villa's tactics today). Is there beef between Bayern and you guys as their fans seem to dislike City a lot?
It comes from the hierarchy at Bayern. They despise us with a passion. They view us as "new money", a club with no history. The ultimate players of City Bingo.

They won 1-0 . They will be going crazy with that.

I honestly find the champions league fucking boring. Don’t get me wrong we’ve had some great nights and winning it was the icing on the cake, however premier league all day
How do you react to results at this stage? In the old Groups at least you had some idea of who’s doing what etc but I suspect nobody has a clue at the moment (which may be good or bad)

I don't understand how Bratislava have played Celtic but we don't play Celtic. Not looked into this champs league format at all, so it might be obvious
Its a bit of a free for all.
Basically anyone can play anyone.
Juventus play both ourselves and Villa but we don't play Villa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.